Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I want to put a 1990-2000 rear wheel on my 1988....Will I be able to use the wheel assy. with rotor on my 1988....Thanks in advance for your help Charlie

Don't bother responding, I'll only be on here long enough to post this and will never return.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I don't think so. From what that I've heard the early 1500's had a different size rear brake rotor than the later, although I do think that there is a way to adapt the rear wheel to work. Do you already have the newer wheel? I'd compare the two to find the difference. Otherwise if the wheel is from a trike conversion, I'd see if I could get the caliper and bracket with it.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome chazzie1. I'm sure there are some 1500 owners that can verify what blk93 says.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ok here's the skinny. I looked up part numbers for the caliper bracket, caliper, pads, rotor and rear wheel on babbits.com for a 1988 and a 1993 GL 1500A and none of the part numbers match. I remember a GWRRA member had a rear wheel bearing go out at the OH district rally a few years back, somehow he came across a used wheel/tire but there was a problem with the rear brake set-up. Someone ran up to a independent Goldwing shop to get the parts needed to install this used wheel. Which parts needed to install this wheel, I can not tell you.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Perhaps you can talk to a trike conversion shop and maybe they can tell you just how much difference there is in the two models. Who knows, they may even have the parts in stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.