Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there someplace that will add an ipod plug to the GL1500 radio. Or are there replacement radios that you can buy that have cd & ipod plugs.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
there is a way to add one to your radio. rudy has is posted on the steve saunders forum

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I-Pod

Hey Snoopy, which I-Pod do you have? I have the "shuffle" and I bought an adapter that goes into my cassette player, my buddy has the regular I-Pod and he has an adapter that plugs into his cigar lighter Matt

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i have a sansa r280 and i use the fm modulator that plugs in the cig lighter. it also recharges the battery of the mp3 player

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cassette adapter

Hey Matt, where did you get the cassettte adapter?

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Found this in this months Wing World magazine in the Workbench section:

"Sierra Electronics offers a retrofit service for GL1500 radios that provides a 3.5mm output jack to their factory radio."

You might want to check it out.. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
if you use the cassette adapter the tape player will run and wear out the belt

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Snoopy, my wife picked up the cassette adapter @ Best Buy. As far as what Buzzard said about wearing out the belt, I can only speak for myself, been using it on my wing for three years and had one in my pickup for five years.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Yes, you can get cassette adapters that will allow you to plug an i-pod, CD player and other small audio systems into your present stereo. It's inexpencive doesn't require modification to your present set up. Yes, they do work; I have one, I can tell you through experience that it works.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The Interstate models have the lead under the left fairing pocket. Pull the few screws holding the pocket in and the lead is right there, just route the lead out by the intercom harness and screw the pocket back down, not pinching any of the wires. Sorry as far as I know the Aspencade and SE models do not have this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts