Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help?

Just remounting the front wheel on Canth (my 95 GL1500) after getting the tire reseated and the valve stem replaced (very slow leak). Manual says to check the clearance between the left brake disc and the CALIPER BRACKET and that it should be .7mm or .028".

Where the hell do you MEASURE it??? The Clymer manual doesn't even show a picture, and the Honda shop manual seems to show you sticking a feeler gauge in between the caliper and the front fork (see pic) - how do I get a feeler gauge that thick to bend that sharply??

Now... if I go in with a feeler gauge from the left (in the picture) or front of the fork, sliding it between the fork and disc I can also get it to slide under the caliper and the disc - is that what they're referring to?

I'm kind of stuck on this right now - I don't want to proceed any further. I CAN get the feeler gauge between the caliper and the disc (well, a .025" one, anyway - thickest I've got), so I'm thinking I'm probably good to go. But I'd love some feedback before I button Canth (my 95 GL1500) up.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,146 Posts
@Dwarven1 for what it's worth when I changed my brake pads or front tire I just made sure everything was free, lubed in the correct areas, and bolted it back together.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I got from the Goldwing DIY FacePlant group, too. Apparently everyone ignores the manual...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts