Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first 'wing last spring, and love it to pieces, but on my first long ride, I set all the right buttons, and nothing, nada, zip. No cruise control. I would really like to have this work, as I plan some long rides this spring and summer. Just a few possibilities to look into. I appreciate the help. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Some places for you to start looking. Check for a blown fuse or connection problem. Sometimes the switches wear out but often there is dirt in the micro switch. Since the cruise turns off if you engage the brake or clutch you might want to check the micrp switches on those two items also. Good luck..

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
There is a cruise ON button and a cruise SET button, Does the cruise ON button work? If so then is your problem that the cruise won't set? If that is it, try pushing out on the clutch lever as you push the SET button, then try pushing out on the front brake lever as you push the SET button, there is a micro switch on each one of those levers that could have gone bad, Also if the bike has after market (chrome) levers on it that might be the cause also,

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts
Mickray, welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Lots of nice folks on here and good information. Enjoy the site and ride safe...

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
This is a very interesting post and would be very useful if there were actually pictures of the the numbered connector pins instead of imbedded Volkswagen advertisements. Can anyone one help out I am having the same problem as Poppajeep!:confused:
That's really funny....you can't tell what the picture is showing when the advertisment for the Volkswagon Tourag comes up and not the pic? Huh.... LOL must be you.:confused:

I wish I could help with your cruise control problem, I can't but I sure hope that mine continues to work.

·
Premium Member
24,870 Posts
Well bless their little pointed heads! Glad you're sorted Northwrench, welcome to GWOF.
Poppajeep, keep us posted on your developments

·
Super Moderator
12,133 Posts
I doubt he'll let us know, he hasn't been on sense January of 2011. :(

·
Premium Member
24,870 Posts
Boy, did I miss that one!:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
I bet your cruise will only hold about 77 or 78 MPH. Fixed mine today on my 1500 will engage in 4th gear at 26 MPH and will hold now above triple digits in 5th.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What's the trick to getting it to hold higher than 78? That's where I am and would like to be able to push a few more mph out of it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Ok no Tease it works.
Take seat off and then follow this link. I did not cut the wires I pushed the pins out and then swapped and pushed them back in. Trick is I used a 12 volt probe light to push the deal that locks the pins in and used a small screwdriver to push the two pins out.

End result will be in 4 th gear cruise will engage at 26 MPH in 5 gear it will engage and hold way faster than you want to go.

http://bobsold.goldwingfacts.com/wingcruisecontrol.html

I copied this to a word doc then printed it out, hardest part was getting the loom out of the black box, take the clip off the black box and is way easier to work with.

Néed any advice you can reach me at 806-339-4409

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
It will be the third and fourth wire you swap in the. Top of the loom closest to the front of the bike. Took longer. To figure out how to do than do it. I would suggest another pair of hands for holding a light and the loom while you have one hand on the keeper and the other on a small screwdriver to push out the pins. Push the Pins out of the Female side of the loom. Once you have the loom in the air you have to push toward the rear of the bike to release the pins. Test probe or ice pick would work great.

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Hope it works for you , did for me I could not be more pleased with the results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.