Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have spare GL1500 alternator that I purchased from another Wing owner as back up, he didn't use it and so I bought it and I never used it as I upgraded to a Compufire. It's still in the box. It's available to anyone who wants an OEM version. Shipped to you for $150.00.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interested in your alternator for sale

Hello - I have a '93 GL1500 with an alternator that just died that I need to get a replacement for so if yours is still for sale I'd like to buy it. If that's ok let me know how you prefer to handle payment (Paypal, money order, etc...) and to exchange info.Thank you! Jimmy

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The alternator is still available, put it in the storage area with other boxes of Goldwing stuff. Will send you a PM.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, I am more interested in the "Compufire," Is it better than a regular Alternator? Could you enlighten me? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why sure. What makes it better than the OEM is that it is a more powerful compact car alternator modified to fit the GL1500. The Compufire puts out 90 amps and it can run both the Wing and the electronics that you add to the bike and still have left over. The OEM is only able to make 40 amps. That's 50 extra amps to use, but use them wisely and never overload the vehicle's electrical system.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Alternater

The alternator is still available, put it in the storage area with other boxes of Goldwing stuff. Will send you a PM.
Hi all im not sure but here down under Honda where offering a $100 rebate on changing your old Alternater as some where not strong enought for the amount of out put needed for your bike i left my old one on but i few of my fried,s got the rebate from Honda to update to the bigger charger ask Honda about the rebate in the US and let me know how you get on Goldwingman.???:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.