Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much weight can I tow with my 1984 gl1200? I've been considering taking a coast to coast trip next summer and might get a trailer. Also any reccomendations on size trailer and coupler would be appreciated. :D

·
Registered
691 Posts
A trailer is a good idea. My Brother has been a winger since 2002 and since 2005 he started towing a trailer. Tells me it is the only way to tour. In fact my Dad towed a trailer behind a Yamaha 400cc. Just remember you can't take the piano, washer and dryer ect. The weight must be distributed to give you some toung weight but not too much. My bike is still in the shop or I could give you a read on the hitch size. I certenly would buy a trailer designed for bikes. If you buy a used one, be sure to check the tires and pack or replace the wheel bearings. As far a weight you can carry, experiment locally befor taking off on a trip. Remember, any small problem riding locally will become a big pain on a trip.

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... In My Owners Manual For My 85 1200 Ltd It States Under Loading - #5. This Motorcycle Was Not Designed To Pull A Sidecar Or Trailer. Handling Maybe Seriously Impaired If So Equiped. Sooo. You're Call ... Mine Is Set Up For A Tow Ball And Electrical But I Have Never Pulled Anything With It ... Happy Trails ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts