Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, the GL1200 standard is my favourite 1200 wing. I have a stripped/Custom interstate trike. I would like to know if the clocks off a standard 1200 would fit on the interstate [are the drives/pickups the same]. We never had the standard imported here in the UK so models are non existant, [maybe a handfull of grey imports]. If the clocks are compatable I would be interested in maybe buying some from the states to the Uk for my trike [costs allowing] Any info appreciated.
Regards, Daveski, UK

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
if yours has digital clocks it's an aspencade, only interstates and standard ( non dressed ) 1200 wings had mechanical clocks and yes they are interchangeable

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if yours has digital clocks it's an aspencade, only interstates and standard ( non dressed ) 1200 wings had mechanical clocks and yes they are interchangeable
Thanks William, I have an interstate with mechanical clocks [in a oblong pod], so I can interchange with the clocks from a 1200 standard. Only problem is it was never imported to the UK so probably only a handfull of grey imports over here. What is the availability of 1200 standard clocks in the US?
Regards, Daveski UK

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
it would be easy to find the clocks for an interstate over here. the ones for a gl1200 standard are hard to come by because not many were sold

·
Registered
2 Posts
'84 Aspencade

Good morning ya'll from Texas -
Have a 1984 Honda Aspencade 1200, with the digital instruments. Am wanting to change the gauges to analog. Will the instrument panel from a 84-86 interstate work and if so, suggestions or where to find one.
Thanking you in advance
Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it would be easy to find the clocks for an interstate over here. the ones for a gl1200 standard are hard to come by because not many were sold
Yes I think they only made the 1200 standard for one year and dropped it cos they were not very popular [they are my favourite 1200 as it happens] so i guess there are not too many being broken in the breakers yard [wreckers]. I have been looking on ebay but not one 1200 standard [or parts] have turned up.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Good morning ya'll from Texas -
Have a 1984 Honda Aspencade 1200, with the digital instruments. Am wanting to change the gauges to analog. Will the instrument panel from a 84-86 interstate work and if so, suggestions or where to find one.
Thanking you in advance
Bob
you'll be changing a lot more than just the instruments. remember fuel and temp guages are in there too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you'll be changing a lot more than just the instruments. remember fuel and temp guages are in there too
I had forgotten about them, where do the guages for fuel and temp live on a 1200 standard. I cant find any close up pics of the clocks on a standard anywhere on the web.
Daveski UK

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
between the speedo and tachin a seperate cluster. the mechanical speedo ( interstate and standard wing ) is gear driven off the front wheel where as the digital speedo on an aspencade has a sensor on the front wheel. not sure about how the tachometer, fuel, and temp guages are wired in

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
between the speedo and tachin a seperate cluster. the mechanical speedo ( interstate and standard wing ) is gear driven off the front wheel where as the digital speedo on an aspencade has a sensor on the front wheel. not sure about how the tachometer, fuel, and temp guages are wired in
Thanks, I will have to find more info on swapping the clocks to see if it is feesable. My speedo is cable driven so that should be ok, rev counter electronic. The guages should work in the same way, just in a different location. Maybe if some turn up on ebay US, I can get some more ddetails from the seller.
Regards,Daveski

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, the GL1200 standard is my favourite 1200 wing. I have a stripped/Custom interstate trike. I would like to know if the clocks off a standard 1200 would fit on the interstate [are the drives/pickups the same]. We never had the standard imported here in the UK so models are non existant, [maybe a handfull of grey imports]. If the clocks are compatable I would be interested in maybe buying some from the states to the Uk for my trike [costs allowing] Any info appreciated.
Regards, Daveski, UK
Daveski,
I have an '84 wing Standard. It does not come with a clock. There are 2 round guages speedoo and tach 2 small, fuel and temp, 2 idiot lighths, oil and neutral. That's it.

John T.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daveski,
I have an '84 wing Standard. It does not come with a clock. There are 2 round guages speedoo and tach 2 small, fuel and temp, 2 idiot lighths, oil and neutral. That's it.

John T.
Hi John , thanks for the reply. I think we have a mix up in UK/USA terms. by clocks I do not mean a clock that tells the time, in the UK the 'clocks' are the speedo and rev counter [Tacho]. The setup is just the same as the interstate and is exactly what I am looking for. But as the 1200 standard was not imported to the UK I may be looking for a needle in a haystack. I may be able to use 'clocks' off another Honda model. It will need a fuel guage and a temp guage as well as speedo [cable driven] and tacho [electronic] so I may be limited to models suitable. Maybe other jap models will be suitable [depends on speedo drive]. Possibly Suzuki GT750. Any advice appreciated.
Regards, Daveski UK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts