Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, the GL1200 standard is my favourite 1200 wing. I have a stripped/Custom interstate trike. I would like to know if the clocks off a standard 1200 would fit on the interstate [are the drives/pickups the same]. We never had the standard imported here in the UK so models are non existant, [maybe a handfull of grey imports]. If the clocks are compatable I would be interested in maybe buying some from the states to the Uk for my trike [costs allowing] Any info appreciated.
Regards, Daveski, UK

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
if yours has digital clocks it's an aspencade, only interstates and standard ( non dressed ) 1200 wings had mechanical clocks and yes they are interchangeable

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if yours has digital clocks it's an aspencade, only interstates and standard ( non dressed ) 1200 wings had mechanical clocks and yes they are interchangeable
Thanks William, I have an interstate with mechanical clocks [in a oblong pod], so I can interchange with the clocks from a 1200 standard. Only problem is it was never imported to the UK so probably only a handfull of grey imports over here. What is the availability of 1200 standard clocks in the US?
Regards, Daveski UK

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
it would be easy to find the clocks for an interstate over here. the ones for a gl1200 standard are hard to come by because not many were sold

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it would be easy to find the clocks for an interstate over here. the ones for a gl1200 standard are hard to come by because not many were sold
Yes I think they only made the 1200 standard for one year and dropped it cos they were not very popular [they are my favourite 1200 as it happens] so i guess there are not too many being broken in the breakers yard [wreckers]. I have been looking on ebay but not one 1200 standard [or parts] have turned up.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
you'll be changing a lot more than just the instruments. remember fuel and temp guages are in there too

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you'll be changing a lot more than just the instruments. remember fuel and temp guages are in there too
I had forgotten about them, where do the guages for fuel and temp live on a 1200 standard. I cant find any close up pics of the clocks on a standard anywhere on the web.
Daveski UK

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
between the speedo and tachin a seperate cluster. the mechanical speedo ( interstate and standard wing ) is gear driven off the front wheel where as the digital speedo on an aspencade has a sensor on the front wheel. not sure about how the tachometer, fuel, and temp guages are wired in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.