Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
gmoney,
I am posting the LED chart.
I am going to modify the schematic to bring forward the area where you may have a problem.
Check to make sure the connection from the ECM to the spark unit wires are clean and tight, also make sure the crank postition sensor connections are clean and tight, check all connections between components.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you, I have this chart and it tells me the Crank angle sensor is bad, it has been changed and still no luck running.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you cleaned and checked the connection at the ECU?
Have you checked the connections at the right and left spark units?
Check the pins and sockets to make sure they aren't loose and are making a good connection. An ECM/ECU can go bad. Have you checked the wiring harnesses for damage?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been checking everything, but will look again.....it drives me nuts not being able to ride thise sweet machine! Have you used liquid electrical tape before? I was thinking of cleaning all connections and then coating the connects with this to seal them good.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've used liquid electrical tape on the backside of connectors to keep moisture out.
I've used it on clean battery terminals.
I know there is a product available for marine use that is sprayed on connectors and terminals to keep them moisture/corrosion free.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi gmoney, voltage for the ignition goes through the electronic navigator located on top of the air cleaner lid[yes the big thing that looks like a radio on top of the gas tank]. check for power in an out to the ecm. if you have no luck I can research the wire colors an let you know. good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
ECU did not fix it...so started over again and found the wiring from the plug of the NS sensor back to the computer had a short in it. Rewiring it and will be on the road again soon!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you found the problem, save the spare ECM they're valuable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks I will save it for sure...I changed the wiring to the plug....but I think the Crank Sensor is still in need a changing as well. Thanks for everyones help on this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Crank sensor changed....runs good, went for a 45 mile ride, the idle is too high and I lost volts and after I stopped for gas it would not start again. I hope it is just a bad battery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts