Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure exactly where to post this since this is my first forum-post, but I bought a GL1100 1983 but do not know how to tell what version it is, whether Standard, Interstate, or Aspencade. The original owner is not available for contact but I noticed a part-number for OEM equipment, MB9-780. How can I tell what version it is? I've noticed that the gear-shift (I do not know that much about motorcycles, so please bare) will sometimes not change any gears or click even. I have to reach down and pull at it several times and it'll go from Neutral (Neutral light does NOT show when this problem is happening) to second gear, to which then the problem is solved. So...Yeah. :confused:

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi yuji1, check your clutch cable adj.for your shifting problem. you need 1/4" of free play between the clutch lever and the bracket, no more than that. a standard 83 wing should not have come new with factory installed fairing or tourpack.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi yuji1, sorry about the shop lingo. basically you need to take out the extra freeplay in your clutch cable adjustment. on your clutch lever mounting bracket you will find a screw style cable adjuster, turn it counterclockwise to decrease your cable freeplay. keep in mind you need about 1/4" of free play on the lever before it pulls the clutch cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts