Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GL1100 has, New timing belts, timing perfect. All valves adjusted dead on. New head gaskets and seals. Carbs rebuilt with Randaak kit very carefully. Hooked up a brand new 4 gauge carb sync today and cannot synch carbs. Has a bad knock at idle but will rev to 7000 easily.

Left side carbs 2 and 4 synch just fine about 2/3 of the way down the left side on this gauge. This is not my gauge pic by the way.

Cannot synch them to right side 1 and 4. The non adjustable carburetor #3 shows vacuum way past 2 and 4. All the way past bottom center and into the green. Number 1 carb only shows 1/3 as much vacuum as 2 and 4 and adjusted all the way in. At a complete loss on what to do here. It's like number 3 has way too much vacuum and number 1 has half what it needs.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I hope somone with way more brains than me can chime in on this. Vacuum guages and me don't get along very well.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
What happens if you try hooking one of the gauges to each carb. one at a time. Make sure you are not fighting a defective gauge set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts