Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebuilt my 82 carbs and worked great. I went to do an 80 1100 set and they were slightly different. They have a fixed orifice instead of removable low speed jet. If I remove the fixed orifices(really clogged causng bike not to idle) are there threads underneath to install pilot jets? I've soaked them and would like to get circuit cleaned out. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Martin--the jets are pressed in and must be Cleaned in place (COP)--i soak as much as possible and then use the bristles from the kitchen broom (many) Some use a single strand from a wire brush ,i worry about enlarging the jet (bad)
Try www.Randakk.com go into tech tips and the 1100 carbs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GL1100 Carb question

Thanks for the insight. I figured they were pressed but in 25 plus years of rebuilding carbs I've never heard of boiling in distilled water as in tech tips. I'll try that and let you know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Martin--with 25 years experience , i wish you lived on my street .
I should have put CIP (cleaned in place ) instead of COP (cleaned out of place )
I have used the Randakk carb kits with great success , delivery is completed in a timely fashion
Good luck with your project & Merry Christmas
Terry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand what you meant. My 82 Aspy runs great with carb cleaning and valve adjustment. The 80 my friend bought probably hasn't run since the Reagan era. Belts, valve adj and a carb dip and rebuild got it running it won't idle. I took the carbs back off to find the carbs idle circuits were still plugged. I'll cook them one day this week and I'll let you know how they come out. I bought kits, diaphrams, and accel pump from sabercycle goldwing parts on ebay. Parts worked fine but I noticed the heavier vacuum spring with the diaphrams and just reused the original ones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Martin
glad you had satisfactory results from Sabercycle , i have heard lots who have not !
Terry

·
Registered
129 Posts
Get a diagram cross section to get yourself familiar where the passages go to and boiling them will do less than a simple lacquer thinner and compressed air can do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts