Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got a question about my '78 GL1000. I recently took the old cruddy fairing off of it and when reinstalling the turn signals I'm not sure if they're hooked up correctly. When you turn the bike on both of the front turn signals light up dimly (normal), now when you turn on one of the turn signals, say the left, the right lamp will go out completely and the left will flash. My question is should the non flashing lamp turn completely off when you activate the turn signal? Or should it stay on in the dim running light mode while the other flashes? This is all on the front of the bike, the rear I'm sure is fine. Thanks for any help you can provide! Nick

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I don't have a 1000 but on my 1800 it stays on, I would say you have a ground problem.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi all, I've got a question about my '78 GL1000. I recently took the old cruddy fairing off of it and when reinstalling the turn signals I'm not sure if they're hooked up correctly. When you turn the bike on both of the front turn signals light up dimly (normal), now when you turn on one of the turn signals, say the left, the right lamp will go out completely and the left will flash. My question is should the non flashing lamp turn completely off when you activate the turn signal? Or should it stay on in the dim running light mode while the other flashes? This is all on the front of the bike, the rear I'm sure is fine. Thanks for any help you can provide! Nick
Ok lets start at the basics for the signals
your turn signals have a two element bulb one element is for running lights (the dimmer one) the second element is for signal ( the brighter one ) the running light should not go out when the signal is activated
possiable problems
1 bad ground (be sure socket is clean)
2 reversed wiring on lamps (be sure correct wire is on correct contact
3 bad relay (check for corrosion on leads and relay is working properly)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts