Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having problems with my 86 shutting down after it gets warmed up. I have replace the rect. and still have the same problem. I have plenty of power coming from the stator. The stator keeps a steady reading all the time. It's not falling off when the bike shuts down.

Hope help you guys can give me would be great...

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
more info please

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
have you changed the fuel filter? i was riding my '84 wing ( carburetted ) and came to a stop. the bike just died and i thought nothing of it. a few days later it does like yours its idleing in the yard and shuts off again. simplist thing to check was the filter, it was the original. problem solved

·
Registered
365 Posts
As far as the coils go, I had one with a very small crack in it near the top..it was fine until it warmed up. I guess the crack opened up and it was enough to short to ground...might be worth a try to replace the coils? Or, at least have them checked.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Rich
Did this jusst start all of a sudden and had someone done anything to the bike just before it started acting up? Over the years I hhave had several vehicles do the same thing due to a fuel line collapsing internally. The complexity of a Wing can make the simpelest problem hard to find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.