Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 82 gl 1100 that has a bad rear 16". I also have another 82 gl 1100 parts bike that has a good 17". if I was put the good 17" on the one i ride that should give me a good tire + a little taller gearing???
Next ? my 86 gl 1200 is having charging issues the stator seems to check out I am getting a fresh battery tomorrow (the old one drops under load) I think the regulator is have issues. I have pulled the one off my 82 gl 1100 parts bike they look the same the wiring colors match up just though ti would check before i swap them

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
The 17" rear will work as long as there are no clearance issues anywhere, but it will affect the gear ratio some (somehwat taller I think). Shouldn't affect the speedo as that's hooked to the front wheel. Could be some handling changes since it will affect the way the bike sits compared to the 16" hoop though. Like I mentioned in your other post, the regulator should be ok as long as the specs measure up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the confirmation , that's kinda what i was thinking just wanted a second opinion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts