Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at passenger foot pegs for my wife and have decided on these: http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/.../232_goldwing_footpeg_floorboards/des/?page=2

The reason for preferring these is that they are on the "inside" of the foot rest and will not inhibit the passenger from removing their feet - especially in an emergency.

Here is my concern though: as I look at the foot rest board... it looks as though it is at an angle and the "foot peg" would be at an angle to the foot board as well. I only saw one comment with respect to this - and that was that the angle made it uncomfortable because the wife kept having to turn her ankles in toward the motorcycle and that was bothersome and that one comment made me wonder that I might have cause to be concerned... with respect to passenger comfort.

Any one have experience with this particular peg?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have the Transformers and the missus loves them. I use them for myself on long rides too, lets me stretch the riding position a bit more

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A bunch of my friends have these.I order mine yesterday I love the look

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/3745/
Yes, I thought those were what I wanted... but they are very dangerous. I read a review that confirmed my thinking, which mentioned a woman who got her foot caught when the motorcycle went down and she couldn't step off; broke her ankle.

To confirm it further, I was speaking to another 'Winger in a dealership and we were discussing this and that, and when the subject came up of him having Transformer boards I immediately nixed my wanting them and he agreed they were dangerous; his wife got her foot caught in the board trying to hurry off and ended falling down - and broke her hip.

Common sense says "Why in the world would anyone design the peg on the 'outside'."

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I..I use them for myself on long rides too, lets me stretch the riding position a bit more
How in the world do you do that? Do you set in the back at some point? Help me to understand that!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you come up with a solution for the angle? We had these on our 2008 Goldwing, and my husband ended up putting rubber "padding" on the peg to achieve a better angle for me - still not right, though, and ugly. We just bought a 2008 Goldwing trike and I have been searching for a solution but cannot find anything that appears to be any better. Having the option of positions while riding makes the ride more enjoyable and comfortable.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Accidents happen, If you think about that all the time you will not be able to enjoy riding. I knew a guy who was one of the best riders I have ever met, He had a Yamaha venture Royal the older type, mid 80's I think, he went down when he hit sand in a corner, the ball on the end of the center stand went into his wife's foot, freak accident, but things happen. Find a peg she's comfortable with and get it. Remember that there are thousands and thousands of these pegs and floor boards sold, and the few negative reports you read should be taken with a grain of salt. If you read the negative reports about the frame cracking on the Gold Wing, the tranny failures, anti dive failures, alternators failures and everything else some people complain about you wouldn't buy a Gold Wing.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
One of my mates came back from Daytona a couple of weeks ago with brand new Auxiliary Passenger Footpegs (from Kuryakyn I suspect, though I can't see them on their website). You can see my photos of them here on our club website: http://tinyurl.com/6cqj7ue

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Kury Transformer boards mounted to adjustable chrome plates.
The plates have 4 holes in them.
The main mounting holes mount to where the stock passenger boards mount to.
I have the Transformer boards mounted to the 3 hole from the top on the plates. That's according to her leg length.
My wife loves them and would be with out them.
She has the options of her feet on the boards or on the raised Transformer bars.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Tell the Ms to get her own ride. Not only that I have to listen to all the do this and do that, NO. My Custom GL has no bitch seat. She didn't participate in the build or in any other way so for all of you twat whipped Egypt asses, get her a Mini and yourself something that will respect you for $100.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My biggest problem with the Kury rear boards is the rubber insets getting loose and falling out. If they are loose on either end, they will soon be gone, but never fear, Kury sells a fix-it kit complete with more rubber insets and glue. Must be a common problem. And oh yes, my wife thinks the raisable pegs are great, but I can see where a toe could get caught during a fast exit.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
If you leave them down after you wash the bike they will hold water, the Kury boards :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I have the Kury rear boards on my 2005. No complaints from the backseat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts