Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Goldwing but not to bikes. I have been searching the web for one particular accessory, modification and cannot find it and find it hard to believe that no one makes these.

I am looking for Projector HID headlights. Several reasons, obviously the HID lights make a world of difference in visibility and oncoming visualization, as well they match the LED fogs I have. But I cannot find a single person that has completed this modification or sells these headlights out there. Do we know of anyone that has completed this. If so please point me in the right direction. If not I will be doing this modification to my headlights at some point. I have done this before to other bikes and cars and they have come out great.

#2 I am looking to get headsets for the bike. Want to get your thoughts on J&M elites, vs. edsets G3. Pros and cons or what you have and how you like them. I am having a hard time making the decision. I am leaning toward the J&M's but the Edsets have some nice features as well.

#3 I have only ridden my new wing in 45 deg weather in November so far, and have a full face Scorpion EXO9000 that I wear with my CBR. What do you recommend for the goldwing. full face or open face. I am thinking the open face due to less wind, but if you’re wearing a full face do you get hot with it on.

I think that’s about it. I have a pretty clear direction on what I want my bike to look like and what accessories are needed to make it mine, but these three issues seem to be nagging at me.

Thanks for your help
Hondaman74
Keith

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
http://www.cyclegadgets.com/products/product.asp?Item=PIA
J&M and Edsets are both great, J&M makes headsets that are specific for certain types of helmets such as NOLAN and ARAI, etc. the mount in a better way than Edsets. If you looking at an inexpensive J&M has a set for about $79.00 that works great. I have J&M in all 3 of my helmets and are very satisfied, I had Edset in my Nolan but it was an older set, I didn't like the way the cord dangled out from the helmet.
I have a full face helmet, an open face helmet and a flip face helmet. The Nolan flip face is great and the vents are very good, If I was going to have just one it would be a full or flip face, Here are some great helmets http://wingstuff.com/cat_helmets.php
The shark can be worn as a full face OR open face.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
full face helmet for cold weather and if there is a chin curtian for your helmet get that too

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Keith, I put PIAA lights on my 1500 & love them. I know that is not exactly what you're looking for.

Try this link:
http://www.motorcyclehidlights.com/honda-gl1800-goldwing-hid-lights-c-97_570/page/1/sort/4d

The wife & I have been using Full Faced since we've been riding, however we just bought HJC is-33's open faced for our x-country trip in June/July. The weight of Full Faced is geting too much for us Elders.

As far as headsets we use the J&M ones that Joe refers to & have had no trouble in the last 3 years since we have them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info everyone. I will probably end up with the J&M's. the headlights I am looking for actual headlights that are projector HID lights. I have the accessory Honda LED fogs, but I have projector HID's in all my cars and have converted other bikes to projector beam styles before. I would have thought with all the stuf thats out there for these things that someone has to have them or modified them on their bike. Maybe I will be the first. We will see. thanks for the info I really appreciate it. If I was going ot get a new helment it would be the Scorpion EXO-900 flat black which is a convertable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts