Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have one of the old Markland ( Tall and Wide ) Windshield on my 93 Aspencade. I have had the Wing since new and put the shield on in 94 It must have close 160,000 miles on it by now. Although it still looks pretty good it is starting to show it's age. I'm think of replacing it. I've ridden wings with the Tulsa and no offence meant I just don't care for them. I like the looks of the old Markland and the protection it offers. I was wondering if the F-4 is anything like the Markland or is it more like the Tulsa in appearance.
Thanks for any info.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i have a memphis shade on my 1500, its been on for two years now and showing signs of stress cracking. don't know what i'll replace it with but not untill 2012

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I don't think you wil find anything like the OLD markland,. we called it a barn door, Tulsa makes a lot of different windshields and not all are big and swept back. The F4 is probably the best for scratch resistance and they come in a variety of sizes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ron- I was reading your thread and wondering how you knew what windshield you had? I have looked mine over and see nothing to tell me what it is. Does the windshield have to be removed to see the identifing name. I have a 93SE and have never pulled it out. I really like it, what ever it is.-:)

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
I replaced the one on my 93 a few years back after if had to be replaced because of paint over-spray that got on the entire Wing. I currently have a Memphis Shades with black tint on the bottom. In a couple of years I may change over to the F4 Speedglass.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Caveman: I know what it is because I put it on in 94. Back then the only larger Windshield around was the Markland that I know of. I think Tulsa came out in 95 or 96 not sure. If I Could get an up close look it could tell you if it is an old Markland. They looked kind of like a large Thumb nail.
I've had mine off several times and can't say I ever noticed any Identifying marks on it, but I'll take a look in the morning.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts