Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Test rode my 95 GL 1500 yesterday after a carb re-build and accelerator pump replacement. Taking off from first gear felt a bit sluggish to me and didn't have the snap that my 85 LTD fuel injected had. Is it possible the carbs are adjusted too lean or is this characteristic of the 2 carb boxer engine? This bike had sat up for at least a year so perhaps it just needs riding.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I think its more in the difference between carburated vs injected. My son's 95 has that nice easy roll on where as my 07 has that "instant" rev up. I actually prefer the 1500 when it comes to being in traffic at slow speeds. Its more predictable where as the 1800 can and at times will scare the snot out of you when you barely touch the throttle and are in 1'st gear. Just my opinion but I'm sticking to it. :D

·
Banned
2,926 Posts
Test rode my 95 GL 1500 yesterday after a carb re-build and accelerator pump replacement. Taking off from first gear felt a bit sluggish to me and didn't have the snap that my 85 LTD fuel injected had. Is it possible the carbs are adjusted too lean or is this characteristic of the 2 carb boxer engine? This bike had sat up for at least a year so perhaps it just needs riding.
There will be several 1500's at your GWRRA meeting. Ask a few members and you will find someone reliable to test ride your bike and perhaps you could ride another's to compare.

I notice no hesitation, but then I have not ridden any wing except the few that I test rode when I was shopping for one.

When I test rode an 1800, I found it very responsive.

·
Premium Member
24,515 Posts
I don't recall my 1500 being snatchy or sluggish down low. But in all fairness, I haven't ridden a 1500 in a long time. We did do a service on a 1500 not that long ago that had one side that had a blockage in one of the jets and it made the bike run real rough at low throttle (left bank). Cleaned it out real good and no more hesitation/stumble.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Run lots of sea foam through it and it may clear it up, I would put a full can with a tank of gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.