Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I set my cruise control at any speed above 73 mph indicated, the cruise control will set at 73. For instance, going 80 and setting it will de-accelerate and throttle back to 73 and set there. At lower speeds than 73 it will set at any speed without a problem. Is there a governor setting on the cruise control that can be adjusted?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Several years back this was a problem on some 1500's with that issue, there was a fix but I don't recall it now. Both my 1500's, 92 & 98 had no problem but some did. Check out and join
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/index.html
it is a great 1500 forum and you can probably get our answer there. It also has a great work shop section
Here is a diagram on how to do it if your not afraid to mess with the wiring
http://gl1800a.osborn-us.com/wingcruisecontrol.html

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
A great place to discuss the GL1500 is www.goldwingdocs.com.
They have sections for all models of Goldwings. No sarcasm, no hotshots or know-it-alls and one person doesn't run the show.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Val. I thought something was defective however it's the factory limiter set at 75 which can be modified by tricking the cruise control it's in 4th instead of 5th by cross connecting the wires. Not sure I want to be cutting wires on my wiring harness at this time and will live with it for now. I suppose I feel more comfortable knowing that my cruise control is not defective and is operating as intended.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
DanB
This forum (goldwingowners.com) has good people and very helpful ones.
I had been a member of a couple of Goldwing forums and left them because a few people ran the show, belittled others and there were cliques.

I don't mess with the factory electronics on my Wing, I feel it only leads to more problems later on.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DanB
This forum (goldwingowners.com) has good people and very helpful ones.
I had been a member of a couple of Goldwing forums and left them because a few people ran the show, belittled others and there were cliques.

I don't mess with the factory electronics on my Wing, I feel it only leads to more problems later on.
Thanks for that Val. I've witnessed spirited discussions here on exhaust system modification and the darkside and I like how civil and behaved everyone is here even when folks respecfully disagree. And further thank you for sharing your opinion about not modifying the factory electronics of the Gold Wing. I'd like to think that when I bought my Wing that the owner was not doing some southern engineering and shade tree mechanics on the bike and therefore when I sell my Wing I want to instill in my buyer that my bike has been professionally maintained and can stand behind it with integrity.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My son and I were running across Nebraska on I-80. I was set at 81-82 mph. When we pulled off for gas, he tells me he can’t get his 1995 wings cruise to set above 78. He tells me how he runs it up to 81-82 hits the set button and it drops to 78. So, the rest of the day we ran 78. We almost got run over several times because of the passing of slow trucks putting us out in the left lane. Then the 85mph left laners riding up on our backs real fast. We got a place to stay in Kearney and I started searching the net for options. I found the ‘doc’s’ link explaining the switching of 2 wires in a 33 pin plug under the seat. So, I went to the parking lot, pulled the seat, found the connector and used some tools to switch a green with tracer wire and a red with tracer wire. We tested everything in the morning, because it is 33 circuits I had apart. We hop back on the interstate and I get “well, would you look at that” from the CB. It worked like a charm and we cruised at 82 all day. MUCH SAFER when needing to run interstate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts