Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my first post

i have recently bought a gl1100 bike which has been standing for 10 years i have now got it started but seems to be missing on the left hand bank can pull plugs off and makes no diffrence i have removed the plugs and i seem to have a spark but dosnt seem too strong do they suffer with weak sparks or do you think there could be a problem with the carbs? i crnt see how two would go down together on the cars though

thanks chris

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new (2u) Wing. I'll leave the diagnosis to the experts here on the forum. Where is home for you? Ride safe and enjoy the site. Nice folks and good info on here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi and welcome from bonnie Scotland i had similar problem with my 1100 follow leads back tojust before they enter engine case you should find a small cable connector mine was very badly rusted and shorting replaced and had no trouble since hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mean the where the leads go onto the coil pack or the feed from the ignition to the coil? do you think the carbs could be gunked up or shudnt they gunk up if been stored for 10 years thanks chris

·
Super Moderator
7,665 Posts
If you're going to strip the carbs, clean them well and rebuild them. It will make a big difference and you will only do the job once. Get yourself a vacuum gauge set.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome aboard v8. Those points mentioned should get you humming in fine style. It'sa real good idea to clean and rebuild the carbs if it's been stored that long.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome to the forum where we all guess, as most doctors do, but we will fix you up at no expense....

I still have no idea of the difference between cleaning and rebuilding the carbs? Rebuilding for me is casting a new body for it, but anyway, clean or rebuild the crap out of them, 3 times in a row.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too am new member but I have owned my 81 G1100 sinse new , I wasn't able to ride for two years and had to overhaul the Carbs That may help Good luck it's worth keeping!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts