Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was informed from honda upon bying my new wing that i would recieve a special gift from Honda Australia to say thanks for the purchase. Well it came and its a fine gift indeed, it goes well with my new wing. I was wondering if you guys have the same thing in the states.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
You must have bought the super deluxe model. All I got was the papers to sign for my loan from Mother Honda. Along with a "Laural and Hardy handshake". Nice gift. Maybe I'll go buy another Wing just for the lovley gifts....

·
Registered
515 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I wish I would of got that, I just got payments lol

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
We get a FREE 1 year subscription to Honda Red Rider Club, you get a magazine, that about it. It used to cover road side towing but they away with that now. That is a very nice gift you got but for what you pay for a new gold wing over there you better get something nice.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a very nice gift you got but for what you pay for a new gold wing over there you better get something nice.
Joe thats exactly right, i paid $40,000.00 Aus thats about $36000.00 US for the top model, i could have flown to the USA bought a new wing have it shipped back home and have a holiday at the same time.
Oh well its something, we are used to paying big money for anything over here with high interest rates to boot. :(

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Congrats!

Oh, and all I got was a couple of t-shirts from the dealership. Now I feel like the red-headed stepchild! hehe

Rapier

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I got a handshake :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sounding nasty but i would have loved a hand shake or two and a "t" shirt and a $10,000 reduction on the price rather than the gift set. Oh wait i did get a handshake from a very happy salesman, oh well at least im happy riding the best bike in the world.

·
Registered
449 Posts
All I got was a lousy made in china t-shirt..............:mad:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey down under,

Nice gift! I got given 2 GW pins and a good price for total package (Well good in Aus anyhow)

Hope mines in the mail.......

Paul

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Good on ya Down Under, pretty nice set (ya gotta get something for your 10G's). Heck, my DSM whined about giving me a Honda hat. I patted myself on the back :cool:(oh the joys of selling to yourself) when I bought my Wing; I did get a nice hug from the Mrs. when I brought it home so that counts for something:D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From what i'm hearing this must have been a gift set put together from Honda Australia, no one else has recieved or been given one.
I guess they have to justify the extra $10,000 grand on the price of the bike. Maybe the watch is made up of gold parts and that makes up the difference, of course i should have realised it :eek:.
Now its off to melt down the watch and sell that gold and put the money on my loan :D.
Happy times.
Although it is a nice watch, naaaaaaaaaaa i'll keep it

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Wing Down Under,

I received my gift set in the mail today!! must be an Aussie thing like you said, i have spoken to a couple of other local GW owners and they did get one as well... good news!

rgds
Paul

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sweet gift!! I bought mine used but my gift is in the awesome Bike!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts