Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is ALL new to me, the forum and a Wing. I'm a displaced Aussie now living in the Raleigh/Durham area, retired and decided to buy a Wing, an 07 GL1800 CSC Trike. The wife loves the ride, and now I need to make the fit a bit more comfortable for me. If anyone knows the Olympia washington area I would love your help with suggestions on how I can get a Diamond seat for sale there that the owner will not ship. Having read various threads, I know that fit can be an issue, and have narrowed my choice of seats to a few manufacturers, Diamond being one. There must be an expediter or another method of doing this. Any suggestions? Thanks for any and all help. Glen

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome from Winston-Salem.
Lots of good info and good people here. Congrats on the ride. Give me a shout if you head west.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. In my short time researching Wing info I see that there is a close knit community of knowledgeable and very helpfull folks here. I look forward to learning and getting to know some.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new trike. If you want to stay in touch with home, you can check in with Eric every once in a while...

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello ranki1, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome along mate! Check out Russell and Hartco seats too if ye haven't already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome from Raleigh!

Hello, Glen, and welcome. I am an ex-pat Brit and have just moved into the realms of the Goldwing (2005) and also ride 2-up. There is a charity ride from Sanford to Garner on 5/28, ending with an Open House (BBQ lunch and stuff) at Team Powersports in Garner, if you are interested. PM me if you want some more info, or want to meet up for a ride some time.

Thanks. In my short time researching Wing info I see that there is a close knit community of knowledgeable and very helpfull folks here. I look forward to learning and getting to know some.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the reception

Thanks guys. There is good info and people on here from all over, a great community. I did read that Hartco and Diamond are owned by the same paople somewhere, and have narrowed down to those and Russel and Ultimate. I just can't afford to go new and feel this used Diamond will work for me. The seller won't ship or accept a paypal payment so I'm really scratching my head to put it together. I'm going to call the dealer in Olympia to see if they would ship it to me. I'm short on options.

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Ranki 1: GDay mate from Down Under. Best of luck with your seat. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
ok Eric, your turn to translate for a change

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Love2ride: It a bit like the nicknames you have in the USA. for your states. Queenslanders have all them bananas up there. South Aussies are called Crow Eaters. I think I would rather the bananas. Eric

1 - 15 of 15 Posts