Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we had a nice ride. Got together at our usual meeting spot for the PA/VA connection. Perkins in Gettysburg, met the GoldDragon & his lovely missus for the 1st time as well as the Old Guy Don. Chopin & Two Wheel were along as well. Perkins was a bit crowded but we passed the time telling stories. Good food & then set off on a bit of a ride that would take most of us in the direction home. Nice PA farm highway 116 through some small towns & then Hanover (Home of Utz Potato Chips & Hanover Pretzels). Jumped on 216 for a sweet ride through the Cordoras State Park & some nice road conditions in an out of the forest. Headed on RT83 North & then parted ways. All total the odometer reading was a comfortable 285 on the day. I hope we all had a good time.

Didn't take any pictures of sites & until I realized it I had to grab a couple at the 83 junction.

1st is Mr/Mz Dragon talking to the Maestro
2nd The Old Guy Don
3rd Two Wheel
4th Mr/Mz Dragon
5th The Mighty Chopin in all his splendor.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Pulled in about 4:00 p.m. Nice little loop for us , fossil. Don and I headed back down 30 to 15 then headed for the hills in Thurmont. The Perkins breakfast held me over for the entire ride. Riding behind " Mr & Mrs Dragon " I could not keep my admiring eyes off his Michelin Alpine PA3 ZP Winter car tire.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Thanks for the ride report and photo's. It sounds like a great place to ride. Good roads and good company = good time. Eric

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
What do you think Eric, the cheesie Buggers didn't even invite us.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a fun time, some day my Friends some day.:)

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Shhhhh.;) Don't tell them, we could sneak off somewhere on August 5th. And no-one will know that I am riding the Northwest with Ron. They will not even know I am in the USA.:D Eric

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
What do you think Eric, the cheesie Buggers didn't even invite us.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a fun time, some day my Friends some day.:)
You were invited. You're absence, however, was excused by the fact that you rise at least three hours after we over here do. We certainly would not expect you at Perkins at 9:00 a.m. EST given the fact that you get up way too late over there.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
It was a good day. I clocked about 350 miles. It was good to meet new folks and meet back up with some old ones. Just an FYI.... I was the only Wing running a m/c tires all around...

So, when's the next one???

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
:DEric and Ron by the time the wife and got to breakfest you may have made it, we were a little late but next time we will be first. Thanks to you guys you all made us fell at home and like we have been friends for years. Ingrid loves the Mz Dragon and thanks for the pics. and I do love that tire.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Great ride report....Need to get those helmets off for a few pics next time. Thanks for the report....Makes me long for August.

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
That is what I was going to say, helmets off! Thanks for the report, I need to come up that way and see some more of the roads. What I was able to see last year was just great.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:DEric and Ron by the time the wife and got to breakfest you may have made it, we were a little late but next time we will be first. Thanks to you guys you all made us fell at home and like we have been friends for years. Ingrid loves the Mz Dragon and thanks for the pics. and I do love that tire.
Yeah Eric/Ron, you just may have got there before them.:D That's was OK though because we had plenty to listen to.:rolleyes: I though for a moment Charlie was going to join the partiers next door.:D

Ingrid needs to coin that phrase. That would be a great Sticker for her new Ninga.;) Mz.Dragon

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is what I was going to say, helmets off! Thanks for the report, I need to come up that way and see some more of the roads. What I was able to see last year was just great.
Oh my Mark when August comes I have a nice little jaunt that I'm working on that will give a variety of roads & scenery.:cool:

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Well maybe her helmet could be off but that is about as good as I can look.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Not only was I the only Wing with m/c tires.......I also was the only one not wearing a helmet for the pics...

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
That great thing about it I looked so much better 40 years ago and then I found out how much I loved bikes. That most of been what mom ment by-you ride those things and your going to get hurt, she did not tell me it would take so long and be so much fun.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not only was I the only Wing with m/c tires.......I also was the only one not wearing a helmet for the pics...
You're always a gentleman Sir Charles.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
You have that good look going by your bike and just the look of this is a great day, and I'm glade we did not stay at Perkins all morning and got out and got some air.:D

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm glade we did not stay at Perkins all morning and got out and got some air.:D
Now you know the burden an Ole Fossil bears. I spent what seemed to be 2 hrs at a Bob Evans for a breakfast in W.V. with these guys.:rolleyes:

That's why I volunteer to lead. I figure sooner or later they have to get moving.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Hey I didn't get an invite.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.