Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys:

Won't bore you with the reason I want to contact Honda Motorcycle.

I will say I am amazed that their web site only allows you to "snail mail" then with how you like your bike and how you like your Dealer.

I have technical questions I want to ask and no way to contact them. Does anybody have and inside e-mail or contact to ask Honda direct about issues/ concerns with their Wing?

After spending 20K plus for a Wing one would think you could contact the "mothership" and ask questions.

Sponge Bob

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Hey guys:

Won't bore you with the reason I want to contact Honda Motorcycle.

Sponge Bob
That's a dubious compliment. We are very busy here answering all the questions; and many of us have had to give up any semblance of a normal family life to help our fellow members. I'm confident that I can speak for a few members here when I say, " Go ahead and bore us with the reasons ".

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, I agree totally. If we all work together on letting Mother Honda hear our complaints, then maybe they will start to listen to their best "test riders". If they continue to ignore current owners who have spent "big bucks with them, then they shall go the way of the Edsel.
I would like to see a "blitz of letters" sent out to mother Honda on one subject and see if thousands of letters might do the trick. It only takes one person to set up an e-mail location for everyone to leave their e-mail address if they agree with some question, then printed and sent to mother.
It's just an idea....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Better than e-mail, American Honda customer relations phone number, 866-784-1870

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good call Joe. If you really need to get in contact with Honda Tech assistance, the only way is through your dealer. There is a phone contact and an e-mail contact that your dealer has access to, but not the general public. The automotive division does have a customer contact line (at least Acura does) as my wife has been in contact with them regarding her Navi in the car. I won't tell you how (un) helpful they were though. My m/c guys at Honda Canada are great and I don't pester them unless I can't solve the issue at dealership level through the regular channels. I don't dare over-exploit a valuable resource in case the chips are down and I really need them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
THere is a number in the back of the manual....I made a call regarding my NAV (which needs to be replaced.....)
A very nice woman answered who obviously knew very little about motorcycles......"I've never heard of that happening"......but she did mention my VIN and documenting the phone call. So I guess that is no better or worse than when I go to the dealer and they tell me the same thing.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Most customer service lines are just contracted operators, and no they're not technically saavy. Their job is to list the calls and keep a record so that the manufacturers have a list of calls and what they pertain to. It's a slow path, but it does work eventually. Talk to your dealerships service rep and ask him to call the tech line and outline your problem...it's part of his job (or at least it should be).

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes, I agree totally. If we all work together on letting Mother Honda hear our complaints, then maybe they will start to listen to their best "test riders". If they continue to ignore current owners who have spent "big bucks with them, then they shall go the way of the Edsel.
I would like to see a "blitz of letters" sent out to mother Honda on one subject and see if thousands of letters might do the trick. It only takes one person to set up an e-mail location for everyone to leave their e-mail address if they agree with some question, then printed and sent to mother.
It's just an idea....
Seems as though I remember a blitz of calls, letters, complaints etc, etc, etc, to mother honda and the dealers (who by the way can't do anything without the blessing of mother) when the 01's were breaking in half, and running so hot the engines would quit.

Eventually, with the help of attorney's and threaten lawsuits mother decided to address the issues.

Hope you don't experience that kind of attitude, maybe you'll get lucky and catch her in a better mood!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can assure all of you Honda M/C riders as I am one and a retired Chrysler Corp. service engineer that your best bet is to find a GOOD dealer as they have the ability to contact Honda M/C technical personnel.
At Chrysler we provided immediate response to our dealers needs. However for legal reasons we were not in a position to provide very much technical support directly to owners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts