Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been addressed before but can't remember where. Taking a trip to Death Valley next month and of course, W. Canada in August. I have my little Honda tool kit but I obviously need more. What should I take in terms of tools and emergency equipment?

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
Considering your destination 1st & foremost. Water, Water oh and Water. Sunblock & small 1st aid kit.

Other items I always carry on trip:

Cable ties
Electrical Tape
Small roll of Duct Tape
Leatherman style tool
Spare fuses
Tire plug kit
If you have an 1800 - Slime Compressor

I'm sure someone else will chime in for items that have slipped an "Ole Fossil's" memory.:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering your destination 1st & foremost. Water, Water oh and Water. Sunblock & small 1st aid kit.

Other items I always carry on trip:
If you have an 1800 - Slime Compressor

I'm sure someone else will chime in for items that have slipped an "Ole Fossil's" memory.:facepalm:
What is "slime compressor"? And besides a Leatherman, and short of a full Craftsman tool set, what would be the basic socket/wrench set to bring?

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
What is "slime compressor"? And besides a Leatherman, and short of a full Craftsman tool set, what would be the basic socket/wrench set to bring?
Nice little compact air compressor. 1500's have an on board but if you have a flat on an 1800 you will need air.

http://www.slime.com/shop/power-sport-tire-inflator-40001/

As far as sockets/wrenches, I never got to carried away. Just took along a small 1/4" drive kit deep & a few combination. Oh and a knuckle buster too.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
+1 one the GWRRA Gold Book. I have used it myself once, and I've rescued two Bikes with flat tires and provided a place to stay twice traveling members.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
When I went on my trip last year, I brought all the tools I needed to take the front or back wheel off plus a few extra tools. I don't trust the tools that come with the bike. Don't forget to get a good pump ( slime ) and a cord kit or plug kit. If you have room, electric tape, extra bulbs, rope, wire, and whatever will help if you have a problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Most important tool I carry is the one behind the grips. KIDDING. AAA or CAA card. And Credit card. Seems no matter how careful I pack the one thing I need isnt there. OH and a good GPS to find the number one destination entered...Wall Mart for everything I forgot.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
This may be a stupid question but here goes. I am an AMA member. If I break down in Canada will AMA be recognized for towing?
You know, when I was in a Valkyrie club, we had all the places and phone number of each member that way if you where stuck on the road, you where able to call a member for help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.