Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had enough snow here in Northeast Ohio to go downhill skiing in western New York this winter, but now that spring is just around the corner we sure are itchy to start riding our '04 Wing. :nod: In the early winter I took almost everything off of it and spent a long time cleaning and shining so that we could feel good all winter long and will be ready to ride at the earliest chance. Even bought new tires from my local Honda dealer at a great price so that I can have him put them on later this next summer. It's scary to see how tire prices go up several times each year.

Hope you are all looking forward to the early riding season in the upcoming weeks!! :Happy: I look forward to meeting some of you this summer.

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts

·
Administrator
15,318 Posts
I remember my first winter with a bike. (In the UP of Michigan at the time.) I did the same thing; taking it apart and cleaning and shining it all until the snow melted. You live close enough to the NE group that I highly recommend you going along on their Finger Lakes ride.

·
Super Moderator
10,007 Posts
Hope your "itch" gets "scratched" real soon..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well here in So Cal it's 80. Went on a little jaunt last Saturday, just 225 miles but with 3 other couples. Went up the coast to Santa Barbara area for lunch, then down through Ojai for some window shopping. GREAT day on the Wing. The DW had such a good time she's working on me for another one this weekend. Doggone it, I was really hoping to stay home and do some things on her ever growing honey do list!

·
Registered
718 Posts
You ain't kidding there, with gas prices on the rise, I'm going to have to ride more this year. None of this it's too hot or it's too cold.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I got my itch scratched this passed Friday, the weather in Southern Oregon gave us a break for a day, temps in the low 60's. A group of us rode hwy 199 down to Crescent City, Ca. then back into Oregon. Hwy 199 is a very nice ride down the Smith River Canyon, lots twisty turns and great scenery.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Its 35 here. The sun is out and the roads have salt on them. I have not had much sleep but as I took the dog out I caught myself thinking. Hmmm??? doesn't really feel that bad :swoon:

·
Registered
66 Posts
WANNA RIDE! WAHHH!

And Wisconsin getting hit with another 12" tonight... *sigh*

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Meh, sigh. Maybe when I get home from holidays (Easter w/e) I can get out to the highway....:cry:

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Here's the only saddle I rode...............Twice today!

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
About 10" fell here. The bike garage door that I had dug out so nicely now has a plow snowbank in front of it!:Tongue2:

Well, maybe March 15 for a first ride day...:Damn:

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
You guys be sure to keep that stuff up yonder.:thisissparta:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
We haven't had any new snow for a few days, and today when I drove home from the city I noticed some of the ditches are showing a lot of grass where not long ago there was only whiteness, which of course had me thinking dangerous thoughts - you know what I mean - that spring might really be on it's way! :shocked:

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
32 degrees this morning and I road my bike to work. It gets cold in the desert at night. I put on Gerbing vest turned up the seat and grips and had a great ride in. The vest keeps the corre temp very comfy...:Happy:

have I mentioned how much I like NM....

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
It's comin' y'all's way, Pal, so: :Quit complaining:
Yeah Yeah Yeah whatever?:pot:

Have I ever told you how I feel about Pa. Groundhogs?:Angry_98OLVV:

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Yeah Yeah Yeah whatever?:pot:

Have I ever told you how I feel about Pa. Groundhogs?:Angry_98OLVV:
The little bugger said that spring will be here early this year :party0003: Dont hate the player dawg dont hate :nananana:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.