Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really getting itchy to ride this wing I bought in January...the weather wasn't cooperating and then I was sick all last week.

Brakes are bled, I mounted my GPS and XM Antenna, weather is supposed to be in the fifties later this week. I'm ready!:D

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
If you were waiting for me, you are too late. Don't forget the Gettysburg Breakfast Bunch Ride that should be coming up soon. In the mean time, practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you were waiting for me, you are too late. Don't forget the Gettysburg Breakfast Bunch Ride that should be coming up soon. In the mean time, practice, practice, practice.
I plan on going to the parking lot first thing to practice some tight u-turns and offset weaves. I thought I aw where the Gettysburg ride is in May?

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
I plan on going to the parking lot first thing to practice some tight u-turns and offset weaves. I thought I aw where the Gettysburg ride is in May?
A couple things.

Be careful of the road debris.:D

Chopin likes to push the days ahead to ride. We tell him that we need some good rains to wash away the PennDot surplus but he thinks we're joking.

We'll keep you in the loop when we are going for Breakfast.;)

Stay Tuned.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
i know how you feel DM i am about ready to take one of my wings for a ride but first thing i have to do is maintanance work so that i'm ready for my ETH meet / ride comming up in august

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just wired in a replacement relay for my PIAA lights. The only thing left now is to run the wire for my Gerbings...then I'm ready to roll in the cold morning rides to work.

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
I just wired in a replacement relay for my PIAA lights. The only thing left now is to run the wire for my Gerbings...then I'm ready to roll in the cold morning rides to work.
Love my Gerbing stuff. Are you wiring in a seperate relay for them as well?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love my Gerbing stuff. Are you wiring in a seperate relay for them as well?
Right now I have the Gerbings wired direct to the battery. I think I will add a Centech or Fuzeblock aux fuse panel for future accessories.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the itch has been scratched a little! I rode to work this morning...25 degrees but with the WIngs protection and my Gerbings I was warm as toast. It got up to about 60 so after work I took an hour and spent some time with the Wing. I have to say I am loving it so far!

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
Good for you. Enjoy & be safe.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
After riding a GL 1200 for a few months the 1500 was actually easier to ride, lower to the ground, lower center of gravity, better brakes, smoother power delivery, seamless shifting, easier to find neutral and overall didn't need any re-training or learning curve as the 1500 is one smooth, refined and awesome bike to ride. The other day I turned a little sharply on a low speed turn and didn't think much of it and felt the sole of my boot scraping the asphalt. I guess I was expecting to hear some grinding like I did on my Maxi Scooters center stand. You can really comfortably lean these babies way over in a measure of comfort, control and safety.

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
I have such a burning desire to ride after spending a couple days in Florida and seeing bikes everywhere I'm about sick right now. I have at least two more months to wait before even considering it:(

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I have such a burning desire to ride after spending a couple days in Florida and seeing bikes everywhere I'm about sick right now. I have at least two more months to wait before even considering it:(
Two more months! Say it aint so!!. I'm thinking early spring and maybe the street sweepers will be out early as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
finally I got to ride today. Got my fix in . 68 degrees it was great..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts