Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a fairly new Wing rider I've been reading this forum for a while trying to pick up some knowledge on this bike. One of the decisions I made was to go with a CT. I put on a nrf a couple of months ago.

Liked it and woud like to stay with one, but I went to get the bike inspected yesterday and the dealer says it won't pass with the CT on it. I'm in PA and from what I've read the CT is an acceptable option.

I'm just NW of Pittsburgh and I'm looking for somewhere to bring the bike to where I don't have to get into an arguement.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
I'm in Eastern Pa.

Don't fret about it just go to another garage. The great thing about PA from an inspection stand point is any garage that has the inspection certification for Motorcycles can inspect them. By that I mean you don't need to go to a Motorcyle shop. In my little town that I work there are 2 garages & 1 tire shop that inspect bikes. None of them would even question that you had a C/T.

My suggestion is find a regular garage or Tire shop that has Motorcycle inspection capabilities & I'll bet your woes will go away.

As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Why are you going to the Dealer for an inspection ? Enlighten me on the PA inspection laws. I take my bike to the closest inspection shop which happens to be Goodyear Tire and Auto center.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Why are you going to the Dealer for an inspection ? Enlighten me on the PA inspection laws. I take my bike to the closest inspection shop which happens to be Goodyear Tire and Auto center.
Didn't you read my post???????????:confused:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well my idea would be for you to move down here to sunny Florida.
We don't have inspections at all.
Plus I would have another riding buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
The problem here in Texas is that they have to road test the bike before inspection. If you think I am gonna let Earl of Earl's Tire and Lube (spit) ride my bike, you got another think coming. That is why I take mine to the Honda Dealer and they have told me that having a C/T is no problem. :eek:Isaac

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
How often do you require inspections in PA? We only have to have bikes inspected if they are from out of province prior to registering and getting tags. Certain bikes (esp. high performance) need insurance appraisals depending on the underwriter but that's all.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
How often do you require inspections in PA? We only have to have bikes inspected if they are from out of province prior to registering and getting tags. Certain bikes (esp. high performance) need insurance appraisals depending on the underwriter but that's all.
Wow., not to butt in but in Texas its every year for inspections. And that goes for cars and bikes.:mad:

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
I get my bike inspected at a local Goodyear Tire & Auto Center. I tell the inspector, " You know, that's a car tire on there ". He always responds, " Doesn't matter to me. It's within the specs for tread wear " .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.