Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, I got the shield back all welded and painted real pretty.
My problem is I'm not sure how the cb is fasten to the body. I'm showing in the pic's where I'm at. And do the pinch nuts belong to this spot? :confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Man that sucks when this happens

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
BR,

I may be mistaken but I believe the pinchnuts slide on the CB bracket & then the screw goes through both pieces of bodywork then into the nut. I'm not 100% on this but trying to go back in an Ole Fossil's memory bank.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check the pictures you took while " disassembling " the parts.
Hey chopin, I was in such a rush from the guy that did the repair because he was shutting down. He has a paint booth in his garage. If the outside temperature is too cold he can't paint until next spring. I should have taken lot's of pictures on disassemble. :(

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man that sucks when this happens

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
No kidding, after a long day of work yesterday, working under a mechanic light, this should have been the easiest part of the install.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BR,

I may be mistaken but I believe the pinchnuts slide on the CB bracket & then the screw goes through both pieces of bodywork then into the nut. I'm not 100% on this but trying to go back in an Ole Fossil's memory bank.
Hi fossil, I agree with you & it's the most logical. The problem that I see is the pinch nuts are so wide the brackets keep slipping off when I try to slip it in position. Then I doubt that Honda would design something this way. Also when I picked the part back up, the guy said that the pinch nut (one) fell of from somewhere and he wasn't sure where. I stole the other one from the pocket pinch nut that is easy to replace.

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Just one word BR: ARGH!

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
On mine, there is a bracket that goes under the body panels and the CB bracket, that is threaded.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well this is the way it came down. After spending hours trying to understand why things just didn't line up. And why I couldn't find the pinch nuts. My daughters boyfriend after awhile said let's check out your old cb bracket. Low and behold there is differences. On my original bracket it has welded nuts on the bracket and no need for pinch nuts. Also it was not bent the same way. After that the assembly went great.

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Good for you Steve, glad you have it sorted out.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He's a keeper. Sometimes you just have to sub-contract the thought process.
Your right, a real nice smart young man. He also rides :D

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts