Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this bike come with communication system? head sets for rider and passenger. I see in accessories head sets and rear speak/volume controls....I am assuming not. This is a plugged system?
Sorry for the stupid questions. I do not live close to a dealer.

Any comments on taller windshield, I am 6'2" and window side shields?:confused:

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Great ! Rear speaker volume control will be an add-on also. You might be a good candidate for a Tulsa Tall Windshield.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The bike comes with rear speakers and you can adjust the seperation from front to back, making the rear speakers lower or louder that the front. But there is no real volume control for rear speakers unless you have it going through the headset. There are many places to get after market stuff for the bike. stay away from the dealer try www.wingstuff.com or http://www.directlineparts.com/

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honda $1000 accessory thing

attempting to figure out how to use money best.....especially avoiding dealer installation costs....you know the deal $1000 worth of freebies and $1500 to install them....

·
Registered
44 Posts
attempting to figure out how to use money best.....especially avoiding dealer installation costs....you know the deal $1000 worth of freebies and $1500 to install them....
Just get the accessories and install them yourself! What color did you get?

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
The best color is red.

J&M headsets work real well and are not difficult to instal in your helmets. I also just installed a J&M MP3 player that works with the CD controls on the bike. I'm pretty happy with that. I let the dealer install a cb and rear brake light spoiler.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The $1000 is Honda incentive....freebie

I know Red is the fastest.....white the cleanest and Titanium....is well the least likely to show dirt.....

THe color is black.....stealth....black....silent deadly.....yada yada yada.

actually wanted the Ti but it was either black or Yella.....my wife refused to ride on a yellow bike......I kinda like it.
I think I am doing the Headsets and case liners.... fog lights.....I dont know...
I did check out Tulsa for a windshield...I have had Clearview and Cee Bailey on other bikes

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Congrats on your new bike. I got the rear spoiler, trunk rack, 12v outlet and fog lights when I purchased my 09. Have since added foot pegs and Baker Airwings.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Love the Bike!! All ya need is some chrome to pop!!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
I like that all black look. Very different/unique.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Yea but, the girls really like Titainium.......:D oh, don't mention that to my wife.......:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Other than some keep it clean issues, black is very nice. Somehting to consider when putting on acessories, if they are dealer installed, they have the same warranty as the bike. Not much ever fails with accessories ro Goldwings either for that matter, but you get the added piece of mind. always check when writing the deal as to how much they charge for instllation. My rule of thumb is if you pay retail, I install for free. The incentive is based on retail, so see where it can take you. Fog lights are nice and I'll get my guys to do the instal rather than do it myself, but I've done everything else myself thus far.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
One thing I would consider is using the $1000 for a CB. Now I know that it is a lot of money and you might think you will never use it. BUT. At some point if you ride with others or just feel the need to communicate outside the "passenger/driver" sphere, you will want to find a way to do that. Without a CB, you will have grabbed hold of a tar baby that is almost impossible to solve or release. My 07 did not have a CB. I tried all sorts of jigs and cluges for FRS radio. I tried tons of wiring schemes for portable CB's. I could make nothing work through the GoldWing scheme. There are impedence problems, priority issues (digital vs analog) and so on and so forth. It will drive you nuts trying to figure out a way to talk to a bike 100 feet away. So, in the end, I gave up and purchased the CB for the bike. ( $800 installed) Problem solved in that area. But whatever you do with the money, think about what you "might" want to do at a later date and consider that now. My only issue now is the phone. If there was a way to blue tooth the phone to the CB where you could use the switch on the grip for tx, my problems would be solved. So, for my 2 cents, whatever you do with the money, use it to make something functional. NOT bling. Good luck with the dilemma and enjoy the Wing. Isaac:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all

Well the dime is spent
Fog lights
headsets
outlet
and case liners

money goes fast, I am not a chrome polishing type of guy and function is the word on this motorcycle for me..:D

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Well done Tooth! Hard to make decisions, but easy to spend the coin.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Well the dime is spent
Fog lights
headsets
outlet
and case liners

money goes fast, I am not a chrome polishing type of guy and function is the word on this motorcycle for me..:D
Well, you will love the fog lights. They really do a good job of lighting up the road right in front of you. I have J&M headsets so I can't comment on the headsets from Honda. Outlet is necessary for I-pods and any accessory like Radar Detector etc. Case liners would be nice if I had them. Riding the bike with a helmet on, I don't hear anything rattling. Take the helmet off and it sounds like bowling balls rolling around in a box car. Sounds like you did good. Enjoy the add on's and drive safe. :D Isaac

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Well the dime is spent
Fog lights
headsets
outlet
and case liners

What else ? You didn't get the trunk spoiler ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts