Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting ready to take a trip with my wife on 1984 Goldwing. We will be riding about 200 miles a day max. Will a gel pad give just a little more comfort? So far we have just done a few short rides....100 miles at most, but I do want her as comfortable, but I have never seen any body who uses them. Seat is an after market Markland. Thanks

· Registered
340 Posts
I tried a Skwoosh gel pad from Wingstuff and although it helped, it was no where near the comfort level offerred by the Airhawk.

Over the Memorial Day weekend, my flower and I took her car, which has a fairly stiff suspension and not-so-comfy bucket seats, on a 1250 mile, two day road trip. I usually start aching about 200 miles into the trip but I decided to throw the Airhawk in the driver's seat and I'm here to tell you, the 1250 mile drive was totally pain free!

If your wife's comfort is a prioity, the Airhawk is pricey, but money well spent and when not on the bike, you can use it in the car.

· Registered
76 Posts
I have a 97 GW & I use a gel pad with a sheepskin on top. It helps a lot but it's not as good as a really good seat. The original seat is so soft that when you push on the seat with your fist- It goes all the way down to the pan. The air hawk didn't work for me.

· Registered
72 Posts
I got the walmart gel pad as well. I was able to survive a 10 hour day last week with a couple of breaks. I couldnt have done that without that gel cover. Currently looking for replacement seat or a custom one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.