Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting ready to take a trip with my wife on 1984 Goldwing. We will be riding about 200 miles a day max. Will a gel pad give just a little more comfort? So far we have just done a few short rides....100 miles at most, but I do want her as comfortable, but I have never seen any body who uses them. Seat is an after market Markland. Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
I use a $20 gel pad cushion from Wal-Mart. The more expensive " Air Hawk " brand is no doubt the ultimate.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I tried a Skwoosh gel pad from Wingstuff and although it helped, it was no where near the comfort level offerred by the Airhawk.

Over the Memorial Day weekend, my flower and I took her car, which has a fairly stiff suspension and not-so-comfy bucket seats, on a 1250 mile, two day road trip. I usually start aching about 200 miles into the trip but I decided to throw the Airhawk in the driver's seat and I'm here to tell you, the 1250 mile drive was totally pain free!

If your wife's comfort is a prioity, the Airhawk is pricey, but money well spent and when not on the bike, you can use it in the car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 97 GW & I use a gel pad with a sheepskin on top. It helps a lot but it's not as good as a really good seat. The original seat is so soft that when you push on the seat with your fist- It goes all the way down to the pan. The air hawk didn't work for me.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I use a $20 gel pad cushion from Wal-Mart. The more expensive " Air Hawk " brand is no doubt the ultimate.
is this found in automotive?
and I will buy my own.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a air hawk and I'm not happy with it. I put it on again today to try and get use to it but no luck. I'll let more air out and keep trying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Used a gel pad and have an old Airhawk. The Airhawk wins hands (or Butt) down. The airhawk has a slow leak so just purchased the newest style. Had couple of 700 mile days on the last rally ride and would not have made it without....

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a air hawk and I'm not happy with it. I put it on again today to try and get use to it but no luck. I'll let more air out and keep trying.
After ALL the air is out of it....send it to me!:D

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
is this found in automotive?
and I will buy my own.
Yes, in the auto section. Some Wal-Mart's are known not to carry them. On the " other " forum they were a hot item for awhile and the fellows who's Wal-Mart didn't carry them were looking to buy them from riders who lived in an area that did.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I followed tip from other Board and stacked 2 of the Wally pads. Works well and gives a little more legroom. The Airhawk did not work for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts