Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had new rear brakes and a rear tire (Dunlop Elite III) installed by a dealer last fall. Ever since then, have had a very slight rotating uneven whining noise when accelerating or decellerating at lower speeds. It sounds like an uneven whirling noise like something is happening with the rotation of the rear tire. It is definitely coming from the rear of the bike or the rear of the motor. I noticed it when I had the radio off last fall (and a few times this year when I had the bike out) after the things were unstalled. The noise is pretty faint, however. It's one of those annoying noises that creep up into your helmet when you're riding if you know what I mean. I applied the rear brake and it "seemed" to get a a little louder, not 100% sure of that. I have no problem with the braking with the bike like shuttering, viabration or anything else. Maybe a gear noise? ... or a brake pad rubbing up against the rear rotor sometimes? Anyone else experienced this noise? :confused:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It could be the brake pads rubbing on the rotor. Put the bike on the centerstand and spin the rear wheel and try to feel a resistance, you can start the bike while on the centerstand and put it in gear let it idle and listen for the noise, keep your hands clear of all moving parts!!!!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Be sure and let us know what you find; it could help out downthe line. Sometimes a bit of grit/sand etc will get inbetween the pad and the rotor, makes a heckuva racket!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts