Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 20101 GL 1800 locked up during a gear shift from 2nd to 3rd. The bike was immovable. Shut off engine, finally found neutral. Restarted the bike and drove home with no problems. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how was it resolved?

·
Super Moderator
10,053 Posts
I've never had that happen, but I would get it to the dealer as soon as possible. Maybe somthing is binding or bent. The bike should be under warranty and you want the problem documented in case the problem reoccurs..

Oh, and welcome to the forum from Pa. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
24,516 Posts
Good advice from Two Wheel there. How long have you had it? Wings are notorious for being difficult to shift for new owners..there is a definite knack to finding the sweet spots, but like Charlie says, never heard of one totally locking out before. Welcome to the place and enjoy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had the bike for less than 2 years. Just had the 12,000 mile check up done. Very scary when a bike of that size locks up in the middle traffic. It took 5 people to push it 6ft!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I read a test ride report way back when the 1500 first hit the market where the test bike locked up the trans and no one was able to tell why back then. They had to trailer it the dealer. But I have not heard of any others doing that.

·
Premium Member
24,150 Posts
If it happened to you it must surely have happened to others. The only thing we can say is it hasn't been reported by any rider on this forum. We have had tranny complaints about noise and ghost shifting but not a total LOCK UP . We 1800 riders don't want to hear this, and it goes without saying that we will be following your diagnoses and resolution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts