Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '85 Aspy. The gear indicator doesn't work. When the bike is in neutral, it indicates that it's in 4th; when it's in 4th, it indicates that it's in neutral. Other gears aren't indicated properly either. Sounds like a previous owner plugged something in backwards.

Where is the gear indicator sensor located, and does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not sure about the indicators...is yours supposed to show anything other than Neutral and 4th? If N and 4 are all that the '85 had as a display, I would think the connectors for the dash/gauge display is what is connected wrong. I have been having some issues with my '81 dash readouts, too, and I have fixed all of them by simply following the wiring diagrams, and plugging the connectors into the correct places. Seems the last person to work on mine wasn't too concerned with all of that....:mad:

hth

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm certain that it should indicate other gears. I've seen it display 1, N, 2, 3, 4, and O.D, but just not when I'm actually in those gears.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah...I wasn't sure how it displayed the gears. Don't know where the switch/sensor is, but I'd be looking at it, or the wiring for it as the problem.
I build automotive transmissions for a living, and the neutral switches on them can do the same thing...give the wrong readings on the dash display.:mad:

My service manual only covers up to '83, so it doesn't have any info...sorry.:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts