Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be in a down mood or perhaps the pain and drugs are working on me. I dont mean to cause anf problems. Just help my brothers and sisters out. I finally found out how to cure 90% of problems we Wingers have.
1. Get out the owners manual.
2. Read it cover to cover.
Buy a good service manual and get to know it.
Befor starting any job make sure you have all of the proper tools. If the book said you need a Honda #xxxxxx tool, go get it. If not, you will end up taking way too long to do the jom and it will cost more. DO NOT "Make do with whatever you have laying around. Finally, use the proper lube and a good torque wrench and use it on EVERYTHING

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Thanks Lone, for me I'll have a mechanic do it esp if a special tool is called for.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Words of wisdom can never be given often enough. I have both manuals and I can honestly say that I know them : that is , I know where I put them. There was a question posted yesterday about changing out the high beam bulbs on an 1800 and I thought here is an opportunity to dig into the big service manual to maybe offer some advice and learn something along the way. Well..... I have the manual, I just can't find where the question is posted. Hang in there lonewolftx(ks). This forum got me through the long winter, and I think I came out of it with all my marbles intact.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
my friend stopped by last sunday on his harley and ask if he could do an oil change at my house ( he lives in an apartment ). i told him he could and got him all the tool to do the job but unfortunantly for him wing oil filter wrenches are way too small for a harley and he didn't have his

·
Super Moderator
11,813 Posts
my friend stopped by last sunday on his harley and ask if he could do an oil change at my house ( he lives in an apartment ). i told him he could and got him all the tool to do the job but unfortunantly for him wing oil filter wrenches are way too small for a harley and he didn't have his

I thought the only tool used on a Harley was a big hammer! :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts