Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wife and i are going to stay in gatlinburg for a few days in october and i was wondering if anyone has any of those "don't miss spots" in or around gatlinburg.i was thinking about taking in as many views as possible in 4 days.we've taken the wing(2004) to florida,but this will be our first trip to the mountains.Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would recommend Deals Gap, the Cherohala Skyway and the Blue Ridge Parkway for excellent mountain rides. I go there about twice a year. I am going with a group of 5 Gold Wings October 15-18 and we are staying in Maryville, TN just outside of Gatlinburg. Gatlinburg is extremely crowded in October, so beware. You could get stuck in traffic for a long time.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Cycleguy, Bruce mentioned a lot of the spots I remember from riding down there. So many great roads to ride. Remember to dress in layers. Mornings will be cool, but days warm up nicely. Ride safe and enjoy the scenery...

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
A beautiful area to ride in and some of the best places were mentioned. At the top of Deals Gap try 28 down toward Franklin before heading back north on 441 to Gatlinburg. Another good road over in North Carolina is 209 form Hot Springs to Waynesville.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Other posts mentioned the good rides, but I'd also add Foothills Parkway and of course Blue Ridge Pkwy if it wasn't already mentioned. You have time to go to www.madmaps.com and order their map for that area. It is excellent giving you many loop rides that include stops along the way. Each loop ride will give you miles, places to eat and what to see. I'll be there next week for my yearly ride to the Smokies and will be staying in Maggie Valley. If you get to Maggie Valley be sure to see the "Wheels thru time museum".
There is nothing but good rides in the Smokies. A little further south if you have the time visit Helen Georga. It is like an Alpine Village and you'll be there for Octoberfest.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Looks like rides are well covered.
There are some small water falls around. Nice rides to go and find.
Old Mill Restaurant is popular place to eat in town.

We like the ride south of G'burg to Cherokee thru the park.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts