Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always fill my gas tank with the bike standing up. Instead of leaning on the kick stand. Is it possible that I cannot get as much gas in the tank with it standing up? I was at one line above the E and it took 4.1 gallons of gas. That don't seem right.

·
Administrator
15,296 Posts
Doesn't sound right to me either. But if your moniker says you ride a trike then how do you get it to lean over?

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
its simple triker, like most wings the fuel guage is not accurate. like your wing my wing has about 2 gallons when the guage shows its empty and about one gallon when thefuel lite comes on

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crownfire, I have a Tow-pac kit on the bike. But I ran into this problem with my Kawasaki 1600. Ran out of gas, thinking I was ok. Other Kaw riders said it was because I didn't fill it up when it was leaning on the kick stand.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I always reset my tripodometer and use the fuel gauge as a reminder. 180 200 miles and I look for gas. Thats on a 2010. Hasn't failed me yet. I hope I didn't curse myself saying that.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Longest I've gone on a tank of fuel is 340km (210 mi) and put in 20 litres (5.2 US gal) of fuel.. That's filling on the sidestand and the fuel filler auto clicks off; basically the fuel is at the bottom of the filler neck when I'm done.

·
Premium Member
6,715 Posts
I have a 2008, I start looking @ 190 to 200 miles......I have gone 255 miles on a tankfull & put 6.3 gallons in on that fill up. :eek: The wife was not happy! We were in the middle of no where on a Sunday & all the countryside gas stations were closed.

Mark

·
Administrator
15,296 Posts
Sorry, just wondering. Thanks for answering it makes more sense to me now.

I've put a little over 6 gallons in mine before. The fuel light was on for about 10 miles or so. By myself I go 240 to 250 miles on the backroads and 220 to 230 on the interstates. I also reset my trip every fuel up to match with what the guage says.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Liquids will seek their own level so whether or not the bike is leaning or not isn't relative. If you fill an empty tank leaning or upright to the very top it will hold no more / no less.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
I have a 2008, I start looking @ 190 to 200 miles......I have gone 255 miles on a tankfull & put 6.3 gallons in on that fill up. :eek: The wife was not happy! We were in the middle of no where on a Sunday & all the countryside gas stations were closed.

Mark
Tried to pull the old "I ran out of gas" trick.... Nice try Mark..

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
I normally fill the bike up to the neck sitting on the side stand. Can go about 200 miles before starting to look for gas. I've gone as far as 250 on a tank sweating the last 15 miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts