Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a current VTX 1300 owner. I'm about to buy a '08 Goldwing 1800 and wonder what gas mileage to expect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll reply, since I'm a VTX 1300 owner as well (for driving style comparisons).

I was getting about 45 mpg on my VTX and I'm getting about 40 on my Wing. To be honest I drive both about as aggressively, although a slight nod to the Wing on the aggressive scale because I tool down the highway at a faster speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 08 1800 bought new and now have nearly 500 miles. Just filled up and got 37.5 mpg driving normal. One thing to check is the rear top case hood rubbing on the bottom when closed, if like mine it woulda rubbed the paint rite off. Search online websites for the fix. Another hose inserted into the weatherstrip to raise the hood a pinch higher. JOHN

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
i average 44 mpg on my 1500. shifting no higher than 2200 rpm and getting and staying in od as much as possable. weekends are play time though and i'm down in the 30s for milage

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an '08 with about 2500 miles on it. I am averagering from 38.5 to 44.5. It depends if I am riding 1 or 2 up, the wind (live in Texas) and mostly the throttle. I have a hard time resisting the temptation to zip on up the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best I can get on my 1500 is 38mpg. I have 34k miles. Is a tune up needed? I drive in OD all the time above 25mph and shift < 2000 and 1/2 of my driving is at 45mph or lower and rarely step into it. For a comparison I get 17mpg all the time in my Z71 4 wheel drive Chevy and it is rated at 17 hwy and 14 city so it's not my driving...

Thanks
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just crossed the 1K mark on my 08. So far I've averaged just above 39 mpg. Like others I do have a bit of fun on the weekends; it's great to see the look on the faces of some of those "crotch rockets" drivers when a Wing goes by em!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
I just crossed the 1K mark on my 08. So far I've averaged just above 39 mpg. Like others I do have a bit of fun on the weekends; it's great to see the look on the faces of some of those "crotch rockets" drivers when a Wing goes by em!!!
try a tuneup and carb sync

·
Registered
411 Posts
I had a 1300 up until last Christmas. I got about 44 and currently get about 40 on the wing. But I don't believe that the speedo/odometer is off as much on the wing as it was on the VTX. As you probably know it indicated 7 to 8% higher than it actually is on speed & miles travled on the VTX. I have a friend who still has a VTX 1300 and when we ride side by side his speedo says 65 and mine says 60-61. Therefore there may not be very much difference between the X and the wing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
08 Goldwing 1800 Trike

I am getting about 28.8 Miles to the Gallon in the City.
Does that seem about right since I have a Trike Kit on the bike???

I would assume the Trike's extra weight causes less gas/mileage??

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
2008 GL..Averaging 37 - 42 mpg depending on my throttle usage..I'm usually a conservative rider but I'll rip it every now and then, thus the 37 mpg. Over 40,000 miles now and loving every minute of it..

·
Registered
77 Posts
2010 1800 with 4,000 miles. At 60 mph cruising the 2-lane, which is what I like, I get a solid 40 mpg.

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
I'm the same as the previous posts, seen as low as 35, as high as 42 (US mpg) Canadian values are higher due to imperial gals.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts