Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
41.6 MPG. After taking a nice 208 mile trip around town and some highway I filled up and it took exactly 5.0 gallons of gas. That is pretty good to me. What are all getting?

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
My '02 got 41 to 42 with a mix of riding. Out and the road where I could stay in top gear at 65MPH I would get 45 to 46. But, now the '03 trike can't seem to get above 35 without a good tailwind for the whole tank full. And if I get above 65, it starts dropping steeply. And, in November, a new toll road near Austin will open with a speed limit of 85MPH!!

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Most of the time I'm around 42 mpg. Do mostly highway and back roads.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
My last tank was over 60 MPG.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Of what? Moonshine?!?!? :D :D

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Riding a mix of interstate and back roads I get around 40 mpg pretty consistently. If I'm tootling around just on the back roads it's a lot better, around mid-40's or better. All interstate around 75 mph or so it stays upper 30's.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Not sure how you all are getting in the 40's, I never get above 36-36 MPG. Please do tell me your secrets!!!
I can tell you how they get into the 40's. Your back roads are 55 mph And if you are in the hills a bike will do better mpg than on the flat. Then if you are not two up and loaded up, it will help.
I got 50 mpg on the 1500 wing in the USA in the hills. And the same bike into a strong wind at 65 mph two up and loaded, flat open country 34 mpg.
So depending on where you are riding and how hard and the wind strength and direction of the wind, 36 mpg may not be that bad.
All I really want when I am on the bike is not to run out of gas.
Willmax, come clean. Was your bike on the back of something or were you on a smaller bike. Eric

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Blah Blah blah......you green, tree huggin, fuel saving old farts.....I'm averaging 39mpg.

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
I'm a rebel , I get 36 miles to the gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
54 Posts
Blah Blah blah......you green, tree huggin, fuel saving old farts.....I'm averaging 39mpg.

Mark
I ride it like I stole it pretty much all the time. My wife just said I would get better mileage if I would quit taking off like I do. I think she was really trying to say she was starting to feel like she had whip lash every time she got off of it. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
I ride it like I stole it pretty much all the time. My wife just said I would get better mileage if I would quit taking off like I do. I think she was really trying to say she was starting to feel like she had whip lash every time she got off of it. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Yup....me too...but she smacks my helmet when she's had enough of my fun....

Mark

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Old, carburated Tatanka, after running about 20 tanks through him, averages 38.5 mpg. I'm satisfied with it, given his extraordinarily powerful performance!:D (That was for Eric the Hoon!) Seriously, I am satisfied with it and he runs very well, after warming up his old buns for 4-5 minutes from cold.

For those of you with carburated Wings, I cannot recommend carb synchronization strongly enough. It really helps with performance and efficiency. And my offer still stands: Any member of this Forum who would like to borrow my carb sych gauge set, just pay the round trip freight and you can have it for 3 days; instructions and phone access to me included. I hate waste, so I'd rather know it was helping fellow Forum members' bikes run better than see it sitting on a shelf in my shop. I've already synch'd Tatanka's twice this season, so I'm done with it until next spring. Just let me know by PM (private message for new folks.)

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Tatanka you may want to tune your 1200:D because I am getting 45 mpg:D Eric

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.