Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have been trying to figure out why i am getting such crappy gas milage. round trip from my house to work is about 30 miles and as of yesterday i put a total of 60 miles on the bike and i am sitting on half a tank of fuel is this normal.. also when at a speede of 70mph my tach reads 5,000 rpm. as iam still working out all the bugs being this is a 29 year old wing just looking for some general imput and advice thanks...I won't stick around for any advice, because I'm an idiot and running in fourth gear!!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
How much fuel did you start out with? How aggressive do you ride? When was last tune up with carb sync? What kind of plugs are you running? Does it feel down on power? When was last valve adjustment? Does it feel like it is missing? NEED INPUT?

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never mind, I'm a moron!!! started out with a full tank of fuel had the carbs done back in july of2011. when i am in traffic i try to be hard on the throttle. as for power it has good acceleration and throttle response is good at higher speeds.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
I had an 85 Adpencade LTD and averaged about 38 mpg (fuel injected) and got as high as 41. I was not aggressive with my riding on it. My 95 Aspencade gets about 35 mpg and I ride a little more aggressively on the 1500.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
you sure you not in 4th gear? 5th gear at 60mph = about 3500rpm

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
I have a 84 1200 and get a best of 38 mpg. It may be as simple as a dick fuel gauge. My gauge shows half full at about 100 miles but really I have only used one third of my tank. So fill it up and see what you have really used.
The other thing is if you are real aggressive they will use the gas. A few week ago I road with my brother who was on a Honda 600 RR and I got 12km/ltr. That is under 30 mpg. Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.