Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a flyer in the mail the other day for the upgrade on my 2010 Goldwing navigation system. I was wondering if anyone had upgraded and if it was worth the 95 dollars.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
If you use it a lot then it may be worth it. Some folks just buy a Garmin NUVI or Tom Tom and put it in a Ram mount. They say those units are easier to use than the Honda one. You can get other units with lifetime updates for less than $200.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome to the site crimeftr. I got an update form Honda about a year and ahalf ago, but it was seriously expensive. Ihaven't heard whether the latest update is applicablt to Canadian users or not. I'm going to contact them and see what they say. My last update was beneficial but stupid expensive.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I updated my '08 (CF) a month or two ago. Not sure how the 2010 NAV compares to the '08, but my upgrade has a couple hiccups, one of which Garmin acknowledged to me in an e-mail.

Seems you cannot enter a blank space when inputting a city name that starts with "St", for instance: St Louis, St George, etc. You have to enter "ST", then scroll through the (long) list of city names until you find the one you want.

The second issue it that street names, especially those that are display diagonally on the display, occasionally fluctuate. They're still readable, just annoying to look at. On long trips without rain, I have a Garmin 1450LM and RAM mount that is much more user friendly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.