Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has garmin finally removed all the problems with the 2011 map update? Last time I checked there were still issues with the new update.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Not sure about the US model, but the Canadian upgrade is a big improvement from the previous edition, if a bit expensive. Check with your Honda dealer, there should be a service bulletin on it.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I think I posted this somewhere prior but here's the bulletin info again.
Bulletin # 10-003 (released 21-01-2010) Navi CF card upgrade (Canadian model GL1800 AL/AD '06-'10)
p/n 39250-MCA-L20
Retail is $258.50 Cdn

I did install this in mine, and while it's pricey it is a big improvement from the original version. If Garmin and Honda ever collectively get their acts together it would certainly help us out with some of the shortcomings of the Navi system.:confused: I wouldn't hold my breath too long though.:(

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Is that Honda update different than the one from Gamin?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I really don't know the answer to that one. When I talked to Garmin last and said I had a Honda system, they very abruptly told me all my questions had to go through Honda. I talked to the Honda Tech line and they referred me to Garmin...:confused: Then the bulletin came out and I just went ahead and ordered the CF card upgrade.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Here's the Garmin page for my 2006. I'm thinking of springing for this update https://www.garmin.com/goldwing/site/viewMapInfo/117. I know there's been lots of talk about problems with the update on 'the other forum', but I haven't seen much lately - hoping that might mean the issues are fixed?

I'll certainly report back if/when I do the update, but obviously it won't get tested for a while yet... stupid snow! :mad::D

G

·
Here's the Garmin page for my 2006. I'm thinking of springing for this update https://www.garmin.com/goldwing/site/viewMapInfo/117. I know there's been lots of talk about problems with the update on 'the other forum', but I haven't seen much lately - hoping that might mean the issues are fixed?

I'll certainly report back if/when I do the update, but obviously it won't get tested for a while yet... stupid snow! :mad::D
I ended up with 2 of these 2011 cards. I will send you one if you want it , try it out and if you are happy with it pay me whatever you think is worth it.($40will do) If you don’t like it just mail it back. Peter

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I ended up with 2 of these 2011 cards. I will send you one if you want it , try it out and if you are happy with it pay me whatever you think is worth it.($40will do) If you don’t like it just mail it back. Peter
Thats very generous of you. Have you had a chance to try it out? Did it work ok?

G

·
Time back I damaged the navigator box (I took my 2008 card out which actually is 2006 and I inserted wrongly back),
While I managed to repair it, I decided to get another box from Dodd Cycles and I ordered a new card from the site you posted.
I paid $150 for the box and to my surprise it came with a 2011 ver 10 card
I didn’t use any of the cards for lack of time. There is no reason not to work. If you want to wait till the weather improves I can install it on my bike first to check it out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think I posted this somewhere prior but here's the bulletin info again.
Bulletin # 10-003 (released 21-01-2010) Navi CF card upgrade (Canadian model GL1800 AL/AD '06-'10)
p/n 39250-MCA-L20
Retail is $258.50 Cdn

I did install this in mine, and while it's pricey it is a big improvement from the original version. If Garmin and Honda ever collectively get their acts together it would certainly help us out with some of the shortcomings of the Navi system.:confused: I wouldn't hold my breath too long though.:(
I have a Canadian 2008 GW with the original GPS, software version 2.21, with the 2GB CF card, city navigator V8.00.
Up until now, I haven't been too interested in updating, because it really didn't seem like all the bugs were out of what was being passed off as up dates, not to mention the confusion over the whole issue...

My question to Budoka is, is there a difference between what you recently installed at $258.50, and what GPS City Calgary is offering, for $114.95? (Garmin UPDATE CF City Navigator North America 2011 for Honda GoldWing).

What kind of improvements? Does it now show towns instead of dots on the map. I would like to update if it is worth it. Out of frustration, I bought a Zumo 660. And love it. I Just use the Honda GPS to display the map, rather than using it for guidance. Got fed up with it always squawking, recalculating, if a I diverted off the planned route.

Any further info on the updates improvements would be very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Sorry horgie, I have no experience with that update from GPS City. I'd contact them and see if it's indeed compatible with the Navi and see if one of their people can give you some information on how it performs in the bikes. My update has performed without any glitches, but the built in shortfalls of the system still exist.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
That's a Honda part #. Showing availability of 1 out of Vancouver currently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.