Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Garmin nuvi 205 GPS? Amazon has them for $110. I don't want much for the MC, just basic putting a route in & tracking you along the way - maybe speed.

·
Super Moderator
28,441 Posts
Snoopy I have the 265tw for the same reason. Don't even have it mounted just keep it handy for when the wife & I want to find Dunkin Donuts, Olive Garden, Carrabas etc etc & of course Fuel.

Bought mine at Best Buys $159.00

·
Registered
2,835 Posts

The 205 is a good basic GPS, but you cannot program a route in it. You can enter an address and it will take you there but if you go on mapquest or another site that you can program a route the way you want to go the 205 will not accept it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 205 is great. But it will not accept a route from a PC. Only the very high end GPS's will accepts routes. You can enter a destination and then enter "via points" that are intermediate routing points. So you can almost accomplish putting routes in, but not quite. For the price, its excellent. Use a freezer baggie and rubber band for water protection.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I have a Garmin nuvi 680 that I bought referbished on ebay. Has MSN, can play music, bluetooth and will transmit voice directions through your audio system on a low end FM frequency. It's not waterproof, but works great for me. Only issue, which is the same for most GPS units on a mc, is the glare off the screen. Other than that I like the unit.

So look around and see what you can find. Good luck and ride safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts