Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else installed a standard garage remote control and useed the passenger PTT connection so the push to talk switch on the left handle bar actuates the remote (opens the garage door)? I am installing on my 06 this weekend. Just curious if there were any issues I should watch out for. did you hot wire the power as well? i think I will just leave the battery in they last a long time anyway.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
dan: there is another fellow here " BS " , for short, who is working on a remote that wires into his high beam circuit. I'm a garage mechanic but a newbie to the Goldwing so I can't help him on the bike end. Reading your description below: You are integrating a "standard " hand held garage door opener on your Wing and using the PTT lever to actuate the remote? Could you please elaborate on this ? Is this your own idea or a product to install ? Alot of folk here who are lucky enough to have garages I'm sure would be interested. Here is the link to the product " BS " is working with: http://www.chromeworld.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=6649&categoryID=2594

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Dan: I anticipated your concept would take some soldering. That's some might fine soldering on those micro-switches. In the old days the switch contacts were huge. I once replaced a broken button on an old Genie remote with a door-bell glued to the face. Regarding hooking the remote transmitter power necessary to your bikes electrical system, many remotes use the Lithium photo battery. Common size is " CR2032 ". These are 3 volt batteries. Remotes from " Chamberlain ( Sears, Liftmaster ) use the 3 volt. Genie still uses a 12 volt battery, and some dinosaures use a 9 volt. Most of the 3 volts I 've seen last 6 + years with everyday usage. Do I smell a patent pending here ?

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
It is a thing of beauty!!!!!! I've programed a thousand of these for the customers of new garage openers. Now to the nuts and bolts. (1) I assume you bought the unit seperately, where and how much ? (2) The wiring into the bike circuitry ? For some reason I'm excited and I don't have a garage of my own.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I like it. I'll store this info in a folder. This topic will come up again one day, as it has in the past. For this post I now elevate you to " Honorary Senior Status. " (Admins, please note the members status change.)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thats some nice work there. Looks like it came that way. You have got it going on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.