Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ride: Finally have a date! Please join us for a "Meet & Greet" April 06, 1:00 P.M. EDT (April 13 Rain day)

Pine Mountain, GA, Whistling Pig Café (706 663-4647) located on Hwy. 27 just south of downtown.

Significant Others invited.

Who's in? (Sorry Ref; will have another one I'm sure)

Plz check thread the morning of ride if weather is questionable.

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Sorry, my grandson turns 2 on the 7th. So, I am riding up to Indianapolis on the 6th. Otherwise, I would be there.
I lived in Indianapolis for several years, and I've met my wife there (Butler Univ. 1982). Still got in laws living there. What part of Indianapolis are you going to? It was my next long trip, sometimes in the summer.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Just six hours away, if work doesn't interfere I will be there. Not a good time of year for me but we will see what I can do. If I do come it will be just me. Martena still isn't able to ride.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I lived in Indianapolis for several years, and I've met my wife there (Butler Univ. 1982). Still got in laws living there. What part of Indianapolis are you going to? It was my next long trip, sometimes in the summer.
Well, first, congrats to Butler on their tournament win today. I will be stopping around the Greenwood area. One daughter lives in Greenwood, the other in Indy. Actually, only about 5 miles apart.

I lived in Lowell, if you know where that is. I was an Air Force recruiter in Merrillville and district supervisor in Lafayette, but my daughter decided to stay to attend college at University of Indianapolis. The other daughter moved there to go to school near her sister. So, now I visit grandkids there....:headscratch:

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Come on GA, AL, FL, SC, TN and any GW rider close enough to make the run (that includes you, Mark, from MS)! Meeting next Saturday, April 06, for a GA "Meet & Greet" in Pine Mountain, GA, (right off I-185 if interstates are better for you) at the Whistling Pig Café, just south of downtown on GA Hwy. 27, at 1:00 PM, EDT. Check thread morning of ride if weather is a concern; April 13 rain day. Let's meet and greet!

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Come on GA, AL, FL, SC, TN and any GW rider close enough to make the run (that includes you, Mark, from MS)! Meeting next Saturday, April 06, for a GA "Meet & Greet" in Pine Mountain, GA, (right off I-185 if interstates are better for you) at the Whistling Pig Café, just south of downtown on GA Hwy. 27, at 1:00 PM, EDT. Check thread morning of ride if weather is a concern; April 13 rain day. Let's meet and greet!
If I do not have to work I will be there.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Looking at next weekend and it looks pretty nice with highs in the 70’s. I hope that I will not have to work, but nice weekends this time of year are busy for me. Is anyone planning anything after lunch? I see a covered bridge that you can drive across just 30 miles from the café.

The Big Red Oak Creek covered bridge was built in the 1840’s and is 252 feet long. It is on Covered Bridge Road off GA 85 north of Woodbury in Meriwether County. On the way there is GA 190, the Pine Mountain Hwy that looks pretty interesting on the map. If I can make it I am thinking about spending the night in Anniston, AL and visiting the Barber Motorsports Museum just outside of Birmingham on Sunday before heading home.

I also have to figure in the time change to eastern zone. Almost forgot that!

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Ugh!!!.... I wish they would cancel the tournament. I would be there!!!

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Ugh!!!.... I wish they would cancel the tournament. I would be there!!!
I'm not clear of work yet myself. Just hoping......

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.