Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
106-108 & 114 E. Vance St. - Zebulon, N.C. 27597
Phone (919) 269-0986 - Fax (919) 269-0977

I purchased an item. I needed to return it. I called for the RMA number. Sent the item back USPS requiring a signature upon receipt. They've had the item in their possession since 12/8/11. I have been given the following excuses. Holidays, software upgrade gone bad, people catching up. As of 1/15/12 I have not received the paypal refund.

This links shows the track record of the company and I wish I would have looked before dealing with them.

http://www.bbb.org/raleigh-durham/business-reviews/motorcycle-part-suppliers/scootworks-in-zebulon-nc-90007308/complaints

Also note that I am a NC resident, where scootworks operates out of. Here is the link to the NC Attorney Generals office where you can submit a complaint online should you also have issues and you can post at ripoffreport.com

http://www.ncdoj.gov/consumer/2-2-12-file-a-complaint.aspx

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.......Never heard of them....and most likely will not do business with them either...

·
Premium Member
7,191 Posts
They look like they have some nice stuff....Sad, customer service is bad. No Thanks!!

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Thankfully you used Paypal. Send a notice to Paypal and get them involved, that should speed things up.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
I would pay them a personal visit since they are located in your home state and speed - up the process !! Nothing like doing business " up close and personal "!!! Stop by on your way to a baseball game with your bat !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Important Info About Scootworks

David and Debbie Hockaday, the Scootworks owners, went bankrupt on Feb 11, 2013. They have at least one legal judgment against their company for $40,000 (on file at Wake County, NC). If you go to BBB.org, you will see they have an "F" rating, and have over 51 complaints against them, many dealing with parts they simply did not ship to customers after charging their credit card. Google Scootworks Complaints....it speaks for itself.

Additionally, the belt drive conversions they make are dangerous. They do not measure the pulleys after they are manufactured, do not properly temper and grade the aluminum/steel they use, switch belt manufacturers not realizing that the tooth profile is not the same, resulting in catastrophic failures, and test their new "designs" by getting a customer to put it on their bike at "no charge". The customer gets to be the guinea pig. Google Scootworks Belt Drive Issues to see the vast problems people are having.

They have not paid their bills to their suppliers, such as Fastenal and McMaster Carr, resulting in all of them pulling their line of credit. Many of the motorcycle shops listed on the Scootworks Dealer Page do not even know they are a dealer - David just listed their name to get street credit after they purchased only on part from them. In further discussions with the dealers, many are angry to be associated with Scootworks and have had their lawyers demand to be removed.

David Hockaday has started anther company, EastRC.org, to shelter his assets because people are coming after Scootworks legally. Apparently he has no issues not paying his debts and screwing good people who place orders with his company out of their money.

I can provide all of the documentation to support these claims. I want to spread the word so that honest, hard working bike riders are safe and not taken advantage of.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks .. for the update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What to do if Scootworks screwed you over

If you are one of the many where Scootworks did not ship what you ordered and is not providing you a refund, has not returned a core charge or did not honor a warranty, please contact the following organizations and file complaints. In speaking with the attorney general of NC office, if enough complaints are filed to show a pattern, they will file criminal charges and go after the owners personally to recover your loss. David and Debra Hockaday won't be able to hide behind bankruptcy protection.

Contact and file online complaints with the following:

BBB.org
NC Attorney Generals Office
District Attorney of Wake County, NC
Federal Trade Commision-this organization puts the complaint on a national database for reference in all US territories
Attorney Generals office for your state

Also, contact the following groups:

WRAL channel 5 on your side - submit your story
Zebulon chamber of commerce
Www.ripoffreport.com
Www.complaintsboard.com
Www.yelp.com
Made in USA branding-tell them how Scootworks is ruining what this means.

Also drop me a note with your circumstances. I am working to form a class action lawsuit against them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.