Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many 1000 - 1200 wing owners use an oil filter adaptor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OIL-FILTER-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43afb27c7e&vxp=mtr
i was just looking at mine thinking " it would be nice if i could use the same oil filter as my 1500 wing instead of napa 1085 oil filter " so i went and got the adapter and a hiflo 303 filter and happy to report that the hiflo filter fit, same thread. now i'm wondering if the 1085 napa filter will work on the 1500 wing. the diameter of the filter is larger than the hiflo 303 so i'm not sure it will seal against the 1500 motor

·
Super Moderator
15,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the adaptor works just fine with the napa 1085 filter ( i installed thm both on my 1200 wing ) but the thread pitch is not the same as a filter for a 1500 wing so you can't use 1500 wing filters. i did accidently get in contact with the guy who makes the adaptor and he said he could make the adaptor so a 1500 wing filter would fit. i'll be contacting him next month about making a couple for me. i am not doing this because i think the hiflo filter is better than the napa 1085 but it will cut doun on the number of different filters i have to buy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.