Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many 1000 - 1200 wing owners use an oil filter adaptor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OIL-FILTER-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43afb27c7e&vxp=mtr
i was just looking at mine thinking " it would be nice if i could use the same oil filter as my 1500 wing instead of napa 1085 oil filter " so i went and got the adapter and a hiflo 303 filter and happy to report that the hiflo filter fit, same thread. now i'm wondering if the 1085 napa filter will work on the 1500 wing. the diameter of the filter is larger than the hiflo 303 so i'm not sure it will seal against the 1500 motor

·
Premium Member
24,539 Posts
I know he's off to a show but perhaps Amsoil Bob has the answer to your question doc. Not enough function in my gray matter for me to be of much help.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The 1085 has a 3/4-16 thread which is basically early Dodge and Ford

The 1358 for the Honda's with a Spin-on is a 20x1.5 MM thread so the answer is no

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 1085 has a 3/4-16 thread which is basically early Dodge and Ford

The 1358 for the Honda's with a Spin-on is a 20x1.5 MM thread so the answer is no

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob
Just to be clear; are you saying these adapters are no good or just that the spin on filters are not interchangable between his 2 bikes?

Brian

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the adaptor works just fine with the napa 1085 filter ( i installed thm both on my 1200 wing ) but the thread pitch is not the same as a filter for a 1500 wing so you can't use 1500 wing filters. i did accidently get in contact with the guy who makes the adaptor and he said he could make the adaptor so a 1500 wing filter would fit. i'll be contacting him next month about making a couple for me. i am not doing this because i think the hiflo filter is better than the napa 1085 but it will cut doun on the number of different filters i have to buy

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Just to be clear; are you saying these adapters are no good or just that the spin on filters are not interchangable between his 2 bikes?

Brian
I think the adapters are a great idea. It just takes 2 different filters

For the adapter, you ca even use an AMSOIL EAO-15 or a WIX 51515

Bigger if you want.. Our EAO-26 is a Ford truck filter and is quite a bit longer.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.