Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a new full face helmet, any ideas on the quietest and lithest. What do some of you out there use? Thanks in advance Mark:)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have an Arai Vector that's very light and comfortable, but I find it noisy on the Wing. I only wear it on the RC51 now as I wear either my HJC IS-33 3/4 or my HJC half shell lid on the Wing.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i'll be ordering a shoie quest soon

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mark, by all means try them on at a MC shop. Nothing is more important than fit. Try to buy from that store eventhough internet prices are lower. Maybe they can meet you half way since items like helmets, gloves, and clothing must be worn first to purchase wisely, and you cannot do that on the internet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark, by all means try them on at a MC shop. Nothing is more important than fit. Try to buy from that store eventhough internet prices are lower. Maybe they can meet you half way since items like helmets, gloves, and clothing must be worn first to purchase wisely, and you cannot do that on the internet.
Good advice, I've noticed they all don't fit the same.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Arai RX-Q is the quietest helmet I've ever had, but you Really need to go to a shop to get the right size and shape for you head size/type
no matter what brand when end up choosing .

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I have a Nolan N43 Trilogy that I bought this year and really like. Very lightweight and the audio is good with the J&M Elite headset..

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
That is one nice helmet I think I will check into that one!!! Have you seen the video that they have for it?
my buddys jeff and don have quest helmets and i had shoie helmets from the early '80's until i had to stop riding in the late '90's. i like my hjc ac3 and cs12 but the cl15 is shaped wrong and the fs3 seems to be between sizes for me, a large is too small and the xl is too big so i will be replacing two helmets this year. oh and to answer your question no i haven't seen the vid for the quest

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I myself have had a few HJC flip helmets. I like the idea of riding with it open in the warm weather, and have the option of closing it when I rock through the twistys or cold or rainy weather. I know you are suppose to ride with it closed full time. The helmet also has sun googles built in which is a nice convieniance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts