Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 1985 LE that came in boxes. The PO got it from his father and it had been sitting for a while, so he decided to remove the tank and clean the rust out. While he had it apart he was going to restore it, but soon lost interest after he had such a large pile of parts that doesn't roll.

Well... now I am loooking for help. I was wondering if someone here can tell me if I have to have the fairing off to install the fuel tank back in place. I plan on painting the parts, but would really like to paint the fairing, front fender and fake tank first and install them so they're out of the way. As many know, these things take up a lot of room when they are apart. I figure that I would get a lot of room back if I simply paint a couple of parts and reinstall them. I really don't want to paint them and have them sitting around to get scratched.

I do have a service manual ordered, but who knows when it will get here.

Aaron

·
Registered
835 Posts
Fuel Tank - 85 Goldwing

Hey adthomas, Is the tank already out of your bike ? The Fuel Tank is removed/installed from under the rear of the bike with the back tire assembly pulled. The tank cover (false tank), battery box, rear master cylinder, shocks, etc... must also be out of the way to have enough room to maneuver the tank around.

It is not a difficult job - just lots of steps.

Good Luck, Michael :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.